Suppressor

Trueshot,
Tried a few on my Max .25, all were quieter than (.25) BuckRail. Silent Thunder Ordnance (STO) both Falx and Pugio, in .30, to avoid pellet clipping, performed well, even borrowed .25 DonnyFL FX (from M3), which also did well. WM
As always I think you worried man. I am thinking it’s worth the investment. I looked on their SLO website and there’s a few options there as well anyone in particular that you like? Also if this is a very small marginal adjustment from buck rail please tell me because I will just stay with what I have

Thank you for the quick response. I believe the one I have now is from Buck Rail. Do you think I will notice much of a difference between the one you are recommending and the one I have?
YES!! I've tried a bunch of others and I keep coming back to Donny's. I use a cheap sound meter as well as an app on my phone and of course my ears. I reside in a residential area that is paranoid about noises, I've NEVER had anyone say a peep, even people walking on the other side of my fence on the street. YMMV. What seriously impresses me is the design on the Donny's, there is an extra screen on the inside that helps to cushion the shockwave. I'm running a Maverick .22 compact and a Maverick .25 VP. I'll toss one on my Sapsan on occasion but really don't need it, the internal shroud is good enough.

YES!! I've tried a bunch of others and I keep coming back to Donny's. I use a cheap sound meter as well as an app on my phone and of course my ears. I reside in a residential area that is paranoid about noises, I've NEVER had anyone say a peep, even people walking on the other side of my fence on the street. YMMV. What seriously impresses me is the design on the Donny's, there is an extra screen on the inside that helps to cushion the shockwave. I'm running a Maverick .22 compact and a Maverick .25 VP. I'll toss one on my Sapsan on occasion but really don't need it, the internal shroud is good enough.
Great info im using a .25 like I said earlier. Will get to .30 Suppressor correct?

Got a couple 3D printed ones from my Friend who sell them on ebay ... KERNDT Custom
There lightweight, screw on straight and do a very good job IMO.

e.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: gendoc
As always I think you worried man. I am thinking it’s worth the investment. I looked on their SLO website and there’s a few options there as well anyone in particular that you like? Also if this is a very small marginal adjustment from buck rail please tell me because I will just stay with what I have
Kind of stumbled on the STO for MAX when I ordered a PUGIO, in .30, for a new AGT Vulcan 3 and they sent me one with threads that fit the MAX. STO sent a new end, with AGT Vulcan threads, so PUGIO can be switched for both guns. Decided to get the FALX, in .30, as well, as same end cap can be switched in that, too. Pics are FALX (long) and PUGIO on MAX, both work but, no surprise, FALX is quieter. My opinion is PUGIO is plenty for MAX and much quieter than BuckRail. WM
IMG_20230503_145503.jpg
IMG_20230503_151419.jpg

Comparisons consistently show that the amount of sound reduction correlates with volume. If your barrel is already shrouded then the LDC tends to have more of an effect in changing the tone. On my shrouded FXs, I really like the dull tone of the little Donny Tatsu. On the other hand, the much pricier but attractive looking impulse air has a sharp and metallic sound which is much less pleasing. Interestingly, in a listening test, I can’t hear either one 30 yards away and can barely hear it without the LDC. Also, if I dry fire with doves in the yard, which sounds louder to me, they don’t bat an eyelid. If a pellet impacts nearby, they are gone. Point is that before you spend more $$$, perhaps to alleviate concern about neighbors, you should arrange a way to listen from that perspective.

Reactions: orangeokie