• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Superior or superior heavy .22 Jsb Monster Redesigned?

With the Redesigns in my current .22 I had very good accuracy all the way from 865 to 916. I really didn't test in between.
After my .25 barrel mishap and putting the .22 barrel on using the pellet port I got the 865. Switching to the slug port and upping the power wheel from 11 to 13 I got 916. Other than re-sighting they were shot with the same consistency.
M3 though.

With the Redesigns in my current .22 I had very good accuracy all the way from 865 to 916. I really didn't test in between.
After my .25 barrel mishap and putting the .22 barrel on using the pellet port I got the 865. Switching to the slug port and upping the power wheel from 11 to 13 I got 916. Other than re-sighting they were shot with the same consistency.
M3 though
Hi
This is from superior liner right?

. 22x600 STX-A pellet liner within 950-930 ballpark the MRD's with a lot of homework are capable for MOA at 50 meters, 1.5 MOA at 70 meters and for 100 meters I call it fail with inconsistencies.
Hi bigHUN
I also have older STX liner only in 700mm.
I shoot redesigned few years back.They were accurate out to 100m also about 1-1.5 MOA.But if target was at 120m the group was horrible.Probably the pellet lost stability.I don't like the length of Impact with 700 mm barrel so i bought .22 barrel kit 600 mm superior and also extra heavy barrel.Now i will see if superior is really superior compared to stx.
Thank you for reply.
Regards Marko

Hey Marko. I think the longer barrel harmonics is a factor as well.
I tried several times parking the speed at abot 960 (or whatever I could speculate) and coming down from there in 10 fps increments. Shooting let say 5 or 10 in every ring, decrease minus 10, next ring minus 10 next ring.... write down what ring what speed. Finally when all 5x5 rings are filled, I analize what ring has a tightest group. That one I call a ballpark, and go from there.
Reset the speed and repeat on new paper, every ring + or - 5 fps...
Easy 200 shots until I could find what I am satisfied with, hopefully not to fight the elements.
Pozdrav

Last edited:
It could be that shorter stiffer barrel will be less tune sensitive.
Maybe and maybe not...
It is wel known that a shorter barrel need a higher Reg or a worst case longer Dwell. You need a smallest air blast coming out of muzzle which can destabilize the projectile.
Longer barrels with slower=longer twist rate is the easiest to tune - and micro tune in between let say 10 fts. If you go with 2 fps change ;) that is already 5 steps. And there is the tightest group in 1 of 5.
Don't look at ES or SD numbers, but read the target card. That is a tightest group for that distance...if you go tomorrow shorter or longer distances the tune (for harmonics) will be very close but still you will need to find it agan.
Pozdrav

Edit:
I see you a lucky guy from Slovenia. My last biggest order came from ZAN. MRD's, also .25 cal MK1's and MK2's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blejda
I'm currenty testing them in my impacts all of them has a carbin liner installed. In my compact PP best accuracy at 890 fps one ragged hole at my 30 yards zero. Shooting acorn of tress at 50 - 75 yards.
In my 700mm impact PP slug build with superior heavy their leaving the barrel just under 1000 fps with the power wheel on it lowest setting. Max setting is sonic crack and in the area I can't continue testing This impact is tune for H&N 30 grain for 1000 fps.
In my utah airguns 800mm slugger edition a sonic crack. I can't continue testing

Waiting for a nice day to test the Jumbo Beast in my higher power tuned impacts.

Last edited:
Maybe and maybe not...
It is wel known that a shorter barrel need a higher Reg or a worst case longer Dwell. You need a smallest air blast coming out of muzzle which can destabilize the projectile.
Longer barrels with slower=longer twist rate is the easiest to tune - and micro tune in between let say 10 fts. If you go with 2 fps change ;) that is already 5 steps. And there is the tightest group in 1 of 5.
Don't look at ES or SD numbers, but read the target card. That is a tightest group for that distance...if you go tomorrow shorter or longer distances the tune (for harmonics) will be very close but still you will need to find it agan.
Pozdrav

Edit:
I see you a lucky guy from Slovenia. My last biggest order came from ZAN. MRD's, also .25 cal MK1's and MK2's.
I will try my best to tune it for best accuracy.

Yes actually i am from the same town as Zan's company about 4 miles away.I read here that you guys have very expensive shipping from Zan but i belive they will find the way to make it cheaper.

Regards Marko

I'm currenty testing them in my impacts all of them has a carbin liner installed. In my compact PP best accuracy at 890 fps one ragged hole at my 30 yards zero. Shooting acorn of tress at 50 - 75 yards.
In my 700mm impact PP slug build with superior heavy their leaving the barrel just under 1000 fps with the power wheel on it lowest setting. Max setting is sonic crack and in the area I can't continue testing This impact is tune for H&N 30 grain for 1000 fps.
In my utah airguns 800mm slugger edition a sonic crack. I can't continue testing

Waiting for a nice day to test the Jumbo Beast in my higher power tuned impacts.
Thank you for sharing your experience.
Your Impact is going to make big impact with beasts.😂
Regards Marko

I’ve had good results with the standard 1:24 twist 700mm barrel at 970 FPS. Easily MOA at 50 yards but not 100. Have taken a good number of raccoons at 30 yards, rolled over, feet in the air, one and done.
1701268237321.png

There is an overview of FX liners and twist rates floating around on AGN that states the STX heavy is required for projectiles over 23gr in .22. I'm also testing JSB monster redesigned pellets in my 700mm Impact at the moment and they seem fine with the normal STX liner. I'm wondering if FX is referring to slugs with their 'required for projectiles heavier than 23gr' statement.