• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Superior liners vs Stx liner

I tested the 700mm slug liner vs. the Superior liner last week while on vacation and after extensive testing found that the Superior liner does shoot both slugs and the 33.95gr. pellets a little bit more accurately. Not a huge difference but my groups are a tad bit better with the Superior liner. Whether or not the upgrade is worth the money to you, I don’t know. I was happy with the slug liner and bought the Superior liner on a whim because it was in stock. I swore I wasn’t going to buy one because I was very happy with my slug liner but now I’m glad I did. Not a huge difference though.

Stoti

I tested the 700mm slug liner vs. the Superior liner last week while on vacation and after extensive testing found that the Superior liner does shoot both slugs and the 33.95gr. pellets a little bit more accurately. Not a huge difference but my groups are a tad bit better with the Superior liner. Whether or not the upgrade is worth the money to you, I don’t know. I was happy with the slug liner and bought the Superior liner on a whim because it was in stock. I swore I wasn’t going to buy one because I was very happy with my slug liner but now I’m glad I did. Not a huge difference though.

Stoti

Thanks I ordered 1 just because I was bored and wanted to buy something. I'm a pellet shooter myself but may try some slugs.

Until now i can say same as stoti and 1d2b. Little bit better, but slugs stil not nearly as good as jsb 33.9 heavy.

Slugs are over rated! These are pellet guns not firearms, i don't understand why people want to shoot bullets from a pellet gun!

These are airguns, pellets are just one type of ammo they are capable of operating with. Airgun technology has just advanced to the point where ammo other than pellets is becoming practical.

Until now i can say same as stoti and 1d2b. Little bit better, but slugs stil not nearly as good as jsb 33.9 heavy.

Slugs are over rated! These are pellet guns not firearms, i don't understand why people want to shoot bullets from a pellet gun!

These are airguns, pellets are just one type of ammo they are capable of operating with. Airgun technology has just advanced to the point where ammo other than pellets is becoming practical.

No sir these are "PELLET" rifles specifically made to project a PELLET not BB or SLUG or any other form of projectile. The technology is what's changed, MAN can't leave things alone always more, more,more. You heard the story about the straw and the camel right?

No sir these are "PELLET" rifles specifically made to project a PELLET not BB or SLUG or any other form of projectile. The technology is what's changed, MAN can't leave things alone always more, more, more. You heard the story about the straw and the camel right?

There have been airguns designed to shoot multiple types of ammo/projectiles for years. In the 70's I had a Crossman 760 Power Master, which in direct contrast to your reply above, was indeed specifically designed (maybe "marketed" is a more accurate word) to shoot pellets AND BBs. Today, I have an airgun specifically designed to shoot pellets, slugs, and with the right interchangeable parts, even arrows. Didn't Lewis or Clarke have an airgun on their famous expedition or something? I'm pretty certain it didn't shoot pellets. Most likely round balls? To say airguns are only "pellet" rifles, in my opinion, is absurd. To say technology has changed, to me, is spot-on. It's the improved technology that has allowed the ability to move from round ball to pellet to slug to arrow. I also agree with you on the straw breaking the camel's back. I think shooting slugs from airguns has broken many camel backs. However, with today's technology, manufacturers are having the engineers design stronger backs for the camels. The manufacturers are just now starting to direct time and energy to redesigning and implementing hardware and technology improvements that make shooting slugs not just possible, but actually practical. I believe this is what we're seeing unfold in the airgun world right now. Kind of neat, if you ask me.

But, you're right about man not being able to leave anything alone... just the other day i wanted to travel over to the next county, and I can't find a horse and buggy anywhere. 😉