• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Superior liner on fx m3

I tough that the superior was only for light weight slugs and the superior heavy was for the heavy slugs!

Your post is timely. Heading out tomorrow morning to test this question myself out to 100yds. I have 3 of the 4 liner configurations in 700mm. Superior (1:24) Heavy (1:16) and Slug A (1:15). Slugs I am testing will be FX Hybrids (22gr), JSB KO 25.4 and a selection of Nielsen's (23-24.8-27.5-28.5 and 31.2). I currently have my Maverick tuned to shoot the 31.2 @946 on PW7. This could take longer than one day...Weather and wind look promising though.

I'm not sure there is a hard and fast rule on the superior and superior heavy. I will soon find out. The twist rates are indeed taking slug weight into consideration, but, accuracy, and as corny said, your tune, may determine what liner is best for your gun. Many have had good results with lite and heavy slugs in either liner. Steve Scialli, in his latest Maverick setup and tuning guide, shares his discovery about Superior and Heavy liners and accuracy. Try them and see what works and post back your findings.

Patrick

I'm using the .22 superior heavy liner; it's extremely accurate with NSA 27.5gr slugs and JSB 25.4gr redesigned monster pellets. The furthest I've shot the gun on paper is 110y, but a couple weekends ago I saw some ground squirrels on a brush pile at 155-165 yards so I ranged them, dialed up what my ballistic calculator said, and took a shot. Connected with the first squirrel on the first shot and then went 10 shots for 10 hits for the rest of the squirrels on that pile... Zero complaints about the performance of the superior heavy liner with the NSA 27.5's.

The accuracy with JSB 18.1 pellets and the superior heavy liner is just OK-- not terrible but not 1 hole groups either. I think the twist rate of the superior heavy is too fast for the lighter 18.1's.

Fwiw, I planned on my M3 being a slug gun 90% of the time and installed the superior heavy liner right when I got it. I never actually tested the NSA 27.5's with the regular superior liner; they might shoot just fine out of it.

I tough that the superior was only for light weight slugs and the superior heavy was for the heavy slugs!

Your post is timely. Heading out tomorrow morning to test this question myself out to 100yds. I have 3 of the 4 liner configurations in 700mm. Superior (1:24) Heavy (1:16) and Slug A (1:15). Slugs I am testing will be FX Hybrids (22gr), JSB KO 25.4 and a selection of Nielsen's (23-24.8-27.5-28.5 and 31.2). I currently have my Maverick tuned to shoot the 31.2 @946 on PW7. This could take longer than one day...Weather and wind look promising though.

I'm not sure there is a hard and fast rule on the superior and superior heavy. I will soon find out. The twist rates are indeed taking slug weight into consideration, but, accuracy, and as corny said, your tune, may determine what liner is best for your gun. Many have had good results with lite and heavy slugs in either liner. Steve Scialli, in his latest Maverick setup and tuning guide, shares his discovery about Superior and Heavy liners and accuracy. Try them and see what works and post back your findings.

Patrick

Keep me posted. I just finished trying the nsa 23gr the best group was a 960fps little more than 1/2” at 55 yards. .22 m3 impact 600mm superior reg 1 150 reg 2 130 valve full open till it touch the shroud macro 16 and micro 3 1/2 this is stock rifle no slugs power kit yet

I'm using the .22 superior heavy liner; it's extremely accurate with NSA 27.5gr slugs and JSB 25.4gr redesigned monster pellets. The furthest I've shot the gun on paper is 110y, but a couple weekends ago I saw some ground squirrels on a brush pile at 155-165 yards so I ranged them, dialed up what my ballistic calculator said, and took a shot. Connected with the first squirrel on the first shot and then went 10 shots for 10 hits for the rest of the squirrels on that pile... Zero complaints about the performance of the superior heavy liner with the NSA 27.5's.

The accuracy with JSB 18.1 pellets and the superior heavy liner is just OK-- not terrible but not 1 hole groups either. I think the twist rate of the superior heavy is too fast for the lighter 18.1's.

Fwiw, I planned on my M3 being a slug gun 90% of the time and installed the superior heavy liner right when I got it. I never actually tested the NSA 27.5's with the regular superior liner; they might shoot just fine out of it.
Hi, What speed were you running the NSA 27.5 's?