• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Superior Heavy Liner with 22RD

just curious on why you ask since they are pellets and as far as I know they shoot very well out of the standard superior liner.I tuned my friend’s M3 with superior liner slinging them at 920 fps pellet on pellet at 50 yards. If anything I was wondering if FX will come out with a slow twist liner specifically for pellets in .22.

The 25 grain pellets are really heavy so they can’t shoot well using the normal 90 bar pellet tune people usually get from the retailer.

Reactions: 1a2a3m4p
Just curious if you go with a heavy liner it’s a slug only gun.

Actually no, I shot pellets with my .22 superior heavy liner also and surprisingly good. Tune has far more impact on accuracy than liner selection between superior or superior heavy. With the 25 grain pellet being so long and slug like I bet it shoots very well out of heavy but I have not tried it myself.

The MRD's doing pretty well up to 50 meters, at 70 starts opening up but at 100 I could not make them group tight. I got a pellet sizer and slugged the liner, resizing now couple tins, but the winter is knocking at my door I will not freeze my bottom at a 100 BR to prove my theory. Next time...

Was it perfectly calm at the range? Although the BC of 0.039 is high by pellet standards it is still a pellet and any puff of wind will push it at 100 yards.

Last edited: