• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Super low power from Kral Puncher Mega

Hi guys.

I'm a little stuck here.

I bought a mega from Spain. Site called tradeinn.

Should be about 38fpe as it's the .25 cal.

I'm getting 550fps with hunter extreme pellets, that's about 18fpe.

I've removed the power adjuster and looks to be 3mm.

It's not losing pressure when in safe.

I'm just stumped

Can anyone assist?

I've spoken to Kral directly and they've been less than useless

Bet it's got a restricted exhaust port on the valve. They do that in Canada and other Euro countries to limit the power or fps.

Take the air tube off and check to see how big the port on the valve is. If it has a tiny hole or a set screw with a tiny hole, then remove set screw. If it's a small port on the valve directly, then you need to degas the air til empty, and removed the back of the tube/valve housing. Open up the valve housing and remove valve and spring. Drill to desired size(within reason... 6mm at the valve is okay). Clean and reassemble the valve and air back up.

Then since it's all apart, take the silly power adjuster out of the side and tap for some set screws. Drill the transfer cavity in the block to match your port on the valve, port the barrel to about 5mm. Get a couple shorter/stiffer springs for the hammer and run a dual spring.

Boom... 60 fpe easy with the right pellet and the rifle length barrel. Run 230-250 BAR for a smoother string.

I get 55 fpe with only a 16" barrel and 5mm ports throughout and a dual spring. I run a 300 BAR bottle though on my jumbo.