• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Super Knowledgeable

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a person who shall remain nameless. Almost 1K posts in just over a month. Will probably be at 2K posts by June. By casual count owns close to 30 PCPs. Most of them north of 1.5K. Not to mention dozens of hi end scopes. And experience with many other lesser scopes. Could it be Bill Gates? This person is pretty much versed in everything PCP and optics. Puts down lots of “cut and paste” type of advice. Constantly steering newbies wrong. Lots of knowledge spread thin. And doesn’t back anything up when queried. I try and avoid threads this person post in, but its everywhere. Thoughts?

Lmao @wahoowad 

When the person popped up and started posting on just about every post and Airgun discussion I found it pretty odd too. How could a person who seemingly owns/tried every single gun not have been on here sooner. I thought it was weird that with all that stuff they haven’t tried to start a yt channel. I’m sure people would love to hear first hand knowledge about so many guns from a person who isn’t tied to any particular brand/company.

There is a person who shall remain nameless. Almost 1K posts in just over a month. Will probably be at 2K posts by June. By casual count owns close to 30 PCPs. Most of them north of 1.5K. Not to mention dozens of hi end scopes. And experience with many other lesser scopes. Could it be Bill Gates? This person is pretty much versed in everything PCP and optics. Puts down lots of “cut and paste” type of advice. Constantly steering newbies wrong. Lots of knowledge spread thin. And doesn’t back anything up when queried. I try and avoid threads this person post in, but its everywhere. Thoughts?

Why? That's what I have to ask. Why post this? Seems kinda derogatory to me. Are you trying to goad him into something here? With your sarcastic title?

I don't read all the posts, but can you direct us (me) to where he is steering newbies wrong?

Reactions: mmahoney

Why? That's what I have to ask. Why post this? Seems kinda derogatory to me. Are you trying to goad him into something here? With your sarcastic title?

I don't read all the posts, but can you direct us (me) to where he is steering newbies wrong?

@bigtinboat, You can find it for yourself... just look. Goad into “something”? Derogatory? How so? This person chimes in with his vast experience quite often. Making blanket statements on products and when directly queried. Responds with ephemera. Wow! You figured out the title was sarcastic? I respect you, but you just accused me of things I’m not guilty of. 

Forums would be awfully boring if no one posted, seems innocent enough to me. Maybe they just lost a loved one or something tragic and are trying to keep busy with something. Until they start trying to scam people I don’t see a need to call anyone out. Seems like a bunch of air gun nerds would be nicer to people. 

@bigtinboat, You can find it for yourself... just look. Goad into “something”? Derogatory? How so? This person chimes in with his vast experience quite often. Making blanket statements on products and when directly queried. Responds with ephemera. Wow! You figured out the title was sarcastic? I respect you, but you just accused me of things I’m not guilty of.

Yet you failed to answer the first question. Why did you feel the need to post this?

Reactions: sonny
@bigtinboat, here you go, submitted for your approval.

One person here questioned my motive. Well here goes, I come here to learn, comment, and give back when I can with my limited knowledge base. I have been corrected in the past when wrong by other members here and have no issue with that. This person on more than one occasion has corrected me with no explanation at all. Or with something like this when I responded to a posters’ question on Athlon scopes. By saying they’re a good brand.

“I actually have them all and either everything are defective except for my (insert brand here). “

But one example, it’s not personal, I don’t know the person. It’s tiring.

I was informed by Michael that mostly all of my posts are being flagged. At least I know WHO now but I really wonder why? Isn't this a public forum??? I'm not sponsored by anyone not by any dealer or manufacturer nor participate in any other competing airgun related forums either. All of my equipment were purchased with my very own hard earned money. Being locked down I would like to make myself useful by sharing information so I'm not understanding any of this. Is there a rule to a limit of the number posts a member is allowed per any given time? Isn't this a public forum??? Please let me know what's up??? Is this some sort of PERSONAL DISCRIMINATION??? I even offered to help you with your Brocock trigger mod and even offered a HUMA regulated airtube via PM DONT YOU REMEMBER??? YO

@bigtinboat, here you go, submitted for your approval.

One person here questioned my motive. Well here goes, I come here to learn, comment, and give back when I can with my limited knowledge base. I have been corrected in the past when wrong by other members here and have no issue with that. This person on more than one occasion has corrected me with no explanation at all. Or with something like this when I responded to a posters’ question on Athlon scopes. By saying they’re a good brand.

“I actually have them all and either everything are defective except for my (insert brand here). “

But one example, it’s not personal, I don’t know the person. It’s tiring.

I saw that post, and he was posting his opinion based on personal use of those optics. Is there something wrong with that? Seems like you question whether or not he actually is telling the truth?

I gotta admit I owned 2 different Athlons and would not recommend either based in my experience with them.

So basically you feel this person is "correcting" you by posting a different opinion? and because he has done it more then once there's some issue?

I agree with @bigtinboat Let the guy have his fun. If you see incorrect advice just correct it.

Damn, initially I thought you guys were talking about me!

He’s just new and he’ll calm down after a while. No big deal. Some guys have thin skins and this type of thing upsets them for some reason. Hell, I gave a good review of a few Daystates (Safari, Wolverine and Delta Wolf), and some guys jumped all over me for being a Daystate ***** even though I won two events at EBR with a FX and a Cricket. And shot an EDGun in the two events I didn’t win. Chill brothers, somebody tell the brothers to chill!!! ;)

I agree with @bigtinboat Let the guy have his fun. If you see incorrect advice just correct it.

Damn, initially I thought you guys were talking about me!

He’s just new and he’ll calm down after a while. No big deal. Some guys have thin skins and this type of thing upsets them for some reason. Hell, I gave a good review of a few Daystates (Safari, Wolverine and Delta Wolf), and some guys jumped all over me for being a Daystate ***** even though I won two events at EBR with a FX and a Cricket. And shot an EDGun in the two events I didn’t win. Chill brothers, somebody tell the brothers to chill!!! ;)

Hey CC I bought the 22 LCS SK19 because of YOU! SHAME ON YOU!!! LOL! YO

Status
Not open for further replies.