• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Super Knowledgeable

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve chatted with YO On pm’s. Solid guy. Has been around Airguns a long time. 

There used to be a guy in the forums that every time he posted he’d start off with HEY! HEY! At first I thought that was odd, but after reading thru some of his comments he actually knew what he was talking about.

Im with Centercut. I thought LLeon was referring to me, ha ha! I had to go check my post count! I know for sure LLeon has helped me on the compressor section a time or two. 

I think this lockdown is stirring up the pot. It is with me and wifey, lol. She’d like to throw an ashtray at my noggin’, but no one in the house smokes.

I’ve never flagged anyone here or, have anything “personal” against any person here. I was overly sarcastic in my OP and for that I apologize to those I’ve offended. Just got tired of being told an entire “brand” was crap more than once. With no actual data or empirical evidence to back it up. Based on the opinion/opinions of a few posters.

Reactions: mmahoney
Live and let live

Have fun and stay healthy 😉✌️... And shoot something

1588680068_10572309835eb1558415ecb3.69573847.jpg

People tend to think in absolutes, I do in some things or ways. If a few bad experiences happen using a certain brand, that person might come to the conclusion that all lines of that brand are the same, I've come to that conclusion myself before concerning certain brands. I tend to put my foot down as a general attitude towards further purchases and am somewhat justified IMO, but I know first hand that people have had good luck with that same brand that I haven't had good luck with. In this case I'm thinking of a inexpensive brand of firearm.

Having owned many scopes of most brands and having read in optics forums for years I know that most riflescopes break eventually, or those Co's have bad runs, engineering flaws, etc, on and on. So as long as a scope has the features that I want within my budget and has a good warranty I'm going to be okay with the product. 

I've had horrible luck with this forums most popular brand of air rifle but I'm not going to come out and suggest people don't buy that brand at all.

We are "all" welcome to our own opinion so my motto is live and let live, as long as I get to defend my position I'm good.

KEEP POSTING!!! I have gotten SO addicted to this sport but one of the BEST & most unexpected consequences of it is the people I've met & the people I've been able to help, either through experience I've gained or equipment I've shared with other members (& vice versa). For me, it's a great buzz to turn people on to airguns or successfully help out with a problem. Keep on keeping on Brother! Thanks for sharing your knowledge even if other's opinions don't align.

The quickest way to kill a forum is to drive away new members and stifle conversation. As long as the guy isn’t giving bad info, I welcome the posts.

Let’s not turn into some other forum where we act like an exclusive club and tell everyone new to use the search function. I came to AGN 3 years ago because it was a welcoming, friendly place. Let’s keep it that way.

I like this place, just as Gerry52 has shared. In a world of cut throat, back stabbing, liars in the working world, I come to this place to enjoy a passion shared with others. I have seen great feedback responses from both LLeon and Yo especially at the new fellas coming in, who know NOTHING ABOUT ANYTHING. 

I think I have a solution to this. Yo, you stick with the exclamation mark at the end of your name, at the end of each post, and LLeon you start using the plus sign. 

Example- “ you can’t go wrong with a Brocock rifle. I love mine. LLeon ++”

Me, I’ll be using the question mark. BIGRAGU?

I’ve never flagged anyone here or, have anything “personal” against any person here. I was overly sarcastic in my OP and for that I apologize to those I’ve offended. Just got tired of being told an entire “brand” was crap more than once. With no actual data or empirical evidence to back it up. Based on the opinion/opinions of a few posters.

L.Leon, 

It takes a real man to step up and apologize and I commend you for it. Nuff said.

Yo!
You do have stamina bro and some good advise.

All the back and forth about next to nothing has used up a lot of computer bits and not provided a single bit of data relevant to air gunning, and all the airgun "REAL" relevant topics. 

Like wood,steel,air pressure, fps, ft lbs, accuracy, barrel length, group size, caliber, and all the rest of the real relevant things regarding the sport of airgun shooting for targets, hunting, field trials, bench rest competition, plinking for fun. I'll check back later to see if the real topics of this forum have returned. 

Lewis
Isn't that joy what we are all chasing?

Reading through this thread and this really stuck out for me.... I'm not as prolific of a poster, but I have my fair share of guns. Still, I get excited over ever single new toy. I get as much enjoyment out of a QB78 that I get to tinker with as I do a Daystate. It's a different kind of joy... the QB, I get to transform. The Daystate, I appreciate for the craftsmanship put into it. 

Anyway, nothing to add other than this one line really spoke to me.

Reactions: Lewis
Lewis
Isn't that joy what we are all chasing?

Reading through this thread and this really stuck out for me.... I'm not as prolific of a poster, but I have my fair share of guns. Still, I get excited over ever single new toy. I get as much enjoyment out of a QB78 that I get to tinker with as I do a Daystate. It's a different kind of joy... the QB, I get to transform. The Daystate, I appreciate for the craftsmanship put into it. 

Anyway, nothing to add other than this one line really spoke to me.

Thank you for the kind words.

I completely agree with the different joys of different guns. My first adult airgun was an HW77 that I got directly from Dr. Beeman himself in Santa Rosa, CA. No gun I have shot since has made me smile more. I couldn't begin to count how many pellets I have put through that gun. Still my fave!

Nothing wrong with lots of posts to me ... why not, if it’s keeping us going In a hobby, why limit how much we share?

That said, I do feel giving troubleshooting advice on something you haven’t got direct personal experience with isn’t kosher ... best wait for someone to chime in with firsthand knowledge rather than generalizing or guessing,

Status
Not open for further replies.