Super hard head shot😳

Yes, if you can do it, the head shot is always the most humane. This is the turkey my buddy @vitals2k took this last Wednesday with my 25 cal Taipan and now he is getting his own Taipan Long in 25 next week. He said it dropped faster than any turkey he took with a shotgun. From the angle of the shot he took out the lower cerebellum which for almost every living thing vertebrates, (on earth don’t want to make it an absolute statement ;) ), is an immediate “lights out!”

C7A62005-23CD-403E-8FAA-95921B5F570D.1619180117.jpeg

Yes, if you can do it, the head shot is always the most humane. This is the turkey my buddy @vitals2k took this last Wednesday with my 25 cal Taipan and now he is getting his own Taipan Long in 25 next week. He said it dropped faster than any turkey he took with a shotgun. From the angle of the shot he took out the lower cerebellum which for almost every living thing vertebrates, (on earth don’t want to make it an absolute statement ;) ), is an immediate “lights out!”

C7A62005-23CD-403E-8FAA-95921B5F570D.1619180117.jpeg

Now your talkin! If it was legal to hunt turkeys with an air rifle in NY that’s how I’d do it for sure!!! Great poto😉

Drinking my coffee watching a squirrel get creamed.

Great shot! I was hanging on hoping the pellet would land in the eye, it did.

I'd like to see the backside / exit?

I’m a total head hunter... just more fun as well as Humane.... this one was a great shot both cam and pellet placement.... exit was rather large just under his right ear. You could almost see clean threw... kinda like a 50 BMG passing through a humans cranium.... good stuff.... enjoy your coffee sir
1f609.svg

Yes I can picture that. On my way to a dairy shoot in about three seconds....

Good luck👍

Great shot. Thanks for posting. I got my 25 Avenger tuned up too late for squirrel season, it ended March 1 in SC. But I will be ready when it reopens in October. It is tuned to just over 50 ft. lbs with JSB heavies (likes the original better than the MKII) and a little under with FX 25.4. I will probably use the latter for it's flatter trajectory but I need to try them both at longer range to be sure. Out to 33 yards, both regularly shoot 1/4 inch groups. Should be plenty for squirrels - as your Marauder definitely is.

Great shot. Thanks for posting. I got my 25 Avenger tuned up too late for squirrel season, it ended March 1 in SC. But I will be ready when it reopens in October. It is tuned to just over 50 ft. lbs with JSB heavies (likes the original better than the MKII) and a little under with FX 25.4. I will probably use the latter for it's flatter trajectory but I need to try them both at longer range to be sure. Out to 33 yards, both regularly shoot 1/4 inch groups. Should be plenty for squirrels - as your Marauder definitely is.

Question for your sir: What do you have your reg set at for the FX 25.4's?