SUPER DEAL ON HALF PRICE CRIMSON TRACE SAME JAPAN FACTORY AS NIGHTFORCE!!!

First off, I really like ODoyle's "Posts For The Blind"...must be using the "Godzilla Font", as found normally in Japan.

My concerns:

1) If it's that good a scope, why is it selling at less than half price? Seems the "Discovery" series do much the same thing at half the Crimson's half price...

2) That thing is big enough to club a full grown ox senseless! It's just a pound less than some of the air guns it could be used on.

Is the Chinese entry of quality scopes into the air gun market driving the prices on good quality scopes so low??? This is a recent phenomenon...suddenly it seems many quality scopes can be had at bargain basement prices! Or, did the market determine they were over-priced to begin with?

Elderly, semi-senile minds are curious...what's going on in the scope world???

Kindly 'Ol Uncle Hoot 

Just stick with Discovery scopes then. 

Beware the new ones aren't as good as the old ones that's all.

Certain specific magnification models outshine the rest while some others are total crap.

I personally just like to get at least 2x - 4x the actual scope value for the money I pay for that's all.

You may be content paying the 1x to 1x value ratio but not me.

You can be perfectly content with paying $200 for your $200 Discovery scope since it's your own hard earned money so feel free to spend it however you like.

Nothing wrong with spending $200 for a $200 Discovery scope but I'm different than most people and I personally would rather get a $1000 scope for $200 instead but that's just how I think and like to buy. Even the $393 Alpha6 happy to pay $200 for it. 

Many are overly ecstaticly happy to pay full price for their scopes that I really feel are 2x to 5x what they are really worth but its their own hard earned money they can spend or waste it however they wish and main thing they are happy paying that much and don't ever find much cheaper alternatives that are optically superior.

My goal is to always find the best value for the money spent and always try different things to compare specifically cheapies to mid priced to high end tier1 scopes to compare value and price difference paid to see how worth it they are at all different price levels.

It's rather interesting to compare $1200 - $4000 scopes to scopes at the $200 - $600 - $1200 price point and see if it's worth 6x - 20x price difference and which brands even hint on even coming close or not at all in any way. This way it's really easy to see what's not worth the price in mid to upper mid priced sub $1200 scopes.

I am value motivated plain and simple. I am sometimes stupid and pay full price for tier1 scopes though. Otherwise I only pay full price just to return them for refund just in hopes to actually find some that have enough value for their retail MAP prices paid. Most gets returned regardless because they simply weren't clear enough to me especially at max power which is the first thing I check.

Yo, do you think they are 2.5 times better than the Barra?

Not really 2.5x Because the Barra is actually a $999 Japanese made scope that you paid $200 for without the bells and whistles it's a solid good $1000 scope as-is. It's close but it's not 2.5x better since the Barra is actually WORTH the $999 retail that you paid $200 SHIPPED for.

The Crimson Trace holds a better value in a sense you get illuminated FFP and 34mm.

Nothing under $2000.00 will be significantly clearer.(well except the Tract Torics).

Yo, do you think they are 2.5 times better than the Barra?

Based on people in the know, it appears that the actual Japanese company (Japan Optics, not LOW) that makes this scope owns the Barra brand, so it may be dang near the same scope. But you can’t get those Barra’s anymore...

I've also read somewhere on snipershide.com, that Crimson Trace is a similar situation, they have their manufacturing facilities in Japan and are not LOW.

I own a 2 series Crimson Trace scope and have previous researched the Crimson Trace scope line before I made my purchase about a year ago. My scope like all the 2 through 5 series is made in Japan. The 1 series isn’t made in Japan and the price point reflects that. The 2 series scope I have is built by Japan Optics. I don’t know what plant is building the 3 series. If I was to take a GUESS it would be Japan Optics like my 2 series. My OPINION is that it doesn’t look like something that came out of the LOW (Light Optical Works) plant. Now the 5 series does LOOK more like a LOW built scope but I don’t have confirmation either way. I will say the deal that Midway has going on is a good buy even if the 3 series is coming from Japan Optics and I would recommend it at that price point. Please note: the words in all capital letters are to illustrate that this is my opinion or guess. I don’t know the facts and could be wrong so keep this in mind. 

Someone got their wires crossed. It is the Track Toric that is made in the factory that NF is made. 

Barr'a are still available. Found them on google search instantly. 

Yep, the old Simmons made in the Philippines are fine scopes. I have Zeiss, Kales, Swaro and a few other fine optics. They are not top tier, but very close for little money. A shame they are no longer available as they were. True bargains! I have one I bought many years ago on my lowly HMR .17. Very dependable!

Knife

I did a little searching before placing an order on this. Nothing definite that these are made at LOW, but speculation is pretty high.

I ordered the 30mm 4-20 as I already have a lot of 30mm rings and not ready to make that leap into 34mm rings yet. We'll see how it works out. 

I just mounted my Barra 5-25 on my Huben which I got for $175 and the glass is really nice, clear and very bright. I also have a Japan made Bushnell Tac I got about 6 months ago from Tombstone Tactical when they were closing them out. Very nice FFP scope, but 25 yard focus. This Crimson is supposed to be nicer than the Bushnell I paid $500 for, so at $450 it's worth a try.