SUPER DEAL ON HALF PRICE CRIMSON TRACE SAME JAPAN FACTORY AS NIGHTFORCE!!!

I ordered one as well and received it today. The packaging was much better than the typical Midway shipment, so that is good news! Midway shipping can be the pits sometimes. 

Anyway, so far I am DISAPPOINTED in the scope. The lighted reticle doesn't work on numbers 1 and 11 settings AND it does not focus down to 10yards. So all of you would be hunter field target folks, should pass on this one.

I plan on using it for benchrest, so no loss on the parallax. I have yet to put it through its paces, so time will tell whether it goes back. The glass looks clear and it clearly states "Made in Japan".

The scope is much better than the Riton 5, I had and returned. The Riton was not marked anywhere on the scope or box as to the country of origin. I contacted Riton, but never heard back from them. Some research on snipershide indicated that it was made in China. It was built well and had great glass. The downfall was a very thick reticle and so tight of an eye box that I had to hunt around on each and every shot. The nail in the coffin for the Riton was the reticle brightness never changed from one setting to another. 

I'll post more thoughts once I get a chance to shoot it later this week. 

Dan

Wow, a Riton from the 5-series — and THAT MANY PROBLEMS...?!? 🤔

I'm very surprised. And I would have been furious had I invested in such a faulty piece of equipment — discovering that after it had traveled all the way to Peru...!! 😡 

Or was this a rare exception of bad luck? Just wondering. 

And it makes me scared to buy any scopes at all anymore without the chance of an easy return to the seller....

Matthias

I was able to return the Riton to the seller, since I felt that the illumination adjustment was faulty. Since I never heard back from the Riton support on my questions, I had no expectation that they would handle the problem. I also never heard back about the rebate that they were offering. I was a bit put off that the country of origin was not marked anywhere as well, not that I minded it being built in China, if it worked well. 

Anyway, I am hoping that the Crimson trace performs better on the the range than my initial impressions. 

Dan

Sorry about that - I purchased the 3-Series 5-25x56 (CTL3525) MIL Reticle.

Dan

I ordered the same scope, the 10 yards parallax was a big deal to me will see when it arrives.

I don't need Exact 10 yards, if it focus closer than the Tract and the Arken, it was worth it. I'm missing some features but I should gain in light, 56mm is also something I wanted. 

The 5 series has zero stop but what an ugly reticle, will wait for this one and I'll have something else to compare. Probably will do a video about the Arken vs Tract vs Crimsom.

This deal was hard to skip... I'll need to stop reading this Scope gate 

Thanks for the heads-up

Sorry about that - I purchased the 3-Series 5-25x56 (CTL3525) MIL Reticle.

Dan

I ordered the same scope, the 10 yards parallax was a big deal to me will see when it arrives.

I don't need Exact 10 yards, if it focus closer than the Tract and the Arken, it was worth it. I'm missing some features but I should gain in light, 56mm is also something I wanted. 

The 5 series has zero stop but what an ugly reticle, will wait for this one and I'll have something else to compare. Probably will do a video about the Arken vs Tract vs Crimsom.

This deal was hard to skip... I'll need to stop reading this Scope gate 

Thanks for the heads-up

I will be interested to hear your thoughts on those scopes. I have the Arken and should get my Crimson Trace 5-25X56 tomorrow to compare it to. I do agree with you on the Arken’s parallax, mine seems to be about 10 yards further than advertised. I am also going to compare the CT to a scope that currently holds my best value for what I paid spot, which is a Trijicon Accupower. The Trijicon actually compares very well to my Zeiss Conquest optically and not many scopes will do that. You should do a video review on them, I always enjoy the videos you put out. 

So, quick feedback from my shooting session at lunch. I had a tough time zeroing at 10 yards, due to the parallax issue, but was able to get on target. The reticle was a bit thick, but not bad - sort of the problem with FFP scopes. It was better than the Riton.

Glass was clear, but on my white target I had blue/purple fringing at 25x - chromatic aberration. Not good on a very cloudy day with no direct sun. I will try again tonight to see how it goes in the dark.

Overall, I prefer my Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50. 

So, quick feedback from my shooting session at lunch. I had a tough time zeroing at 10 yards, due to the parallax issue, but was able to get on target. The reticle was a bit thick, but not bad - sort of the problem with FFP scopes. It was better than the Riton.

Glass was clear, but on my white target I had blue/purple fringing at 25x - chromatic aberration. Not good on a very cloudy day with no direct sun. I will try again tonight to see how it goes in the dark.

how are the clicks? I also hope tracking is on point

I ordered 2 of the 5-25's. They showed up today. Both focus clearly at 10 yards and they are stamped Made in Japan. The turrets are large and VERY positive. I will be using them on FT springers. Can't wait to see how they perform in use!

Crimson Trace 5-25.1610167880.jpg

Lewis - Interesting that yours goes down to 10 yards. Nothing I tried would get closer than 12 or 13 yards. I messed around ocular quite a bit. Maybe I got a bumm one. I had a tough time sighting it in due to the fuzzyness at 11 yards. Hopefully we'll have sun tomorrow, so I will get some better light to look through.

Odoyle - You crack me up. Buy a new fancy scope and not mount it and try it out. That's like having a chipmunk sit on your target eating a nut and not shooting it. Then again, I tend to leave those buggers to keep the dogs busy.

Dan 

Hello: 

I was wondering if you can give me some advise on your Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50, I'm thinking of buying one.

I shoot Air Rifle Field Target with my Daystate Pulsar .177 and was going to use it for that. I currently have a Hawke Sidewinder 8-32x56. How does the scope do at short ranges, Say 10 yards to 55 yards. I will also be shooting out to 100 - 150 yards with my Daystate Redwolf 22 HP. 

I'd really like to know about the parallax and the range finding for field target. Does it do a good job snapping into focus? 

Any info would be helpful and appreciated. 

Thanks

Scott

I own many Athlon scopes and the Midas TAC is good for hunting and Bench use but probably not good for FT ranging. You be better off with a 2.5-15x50 Alpha6 for 16x limit otherwise the 4.5-27x50 since it does not have 16x marked you stuck at 13x and jumps to 17x. You have to be precise to get it clear at 27x and 15x much better than the Athlon.

Otherwise buy the Sightron SIII if budget allows. Better yet a Kahles 1050FT hit me up I have one I'm not gonna use bummed I don't shoot FT and it only focuses to 70 yards max unlike the Sightron SIII at least it goes to 300 yards. 

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/good-optics-for-around-200/#post-899421

I got my 4-20 in the mail yesterday. Upon first examination the glass is extremely clear. Made in Japan stamped on bottom. The focus knob is nice and smooth, turns quite easy with no lashback. The turrets are a little chunky but have a light positive click. The tree reticle is clear and illumination good - I wish there was a horizontal line across the zero mark as everything is vertical hash marks, but a small squibble as the center aiming dot will work fine. Images seems clear through the zoom range.

My 10 yard focus seems to be accurate. I shoot 13 yards indoors and was able to focus very clear with just a touch more to go on the focus knob to pull 10 yards into focus. I think DrPutz likely got a lemon in the focus department.

Mounting this on the .177 Red Wolf for now and will report back once I get a chance to sight it in and shoot with it a bit over the weekend.

So far a big 👍 for Mr. Odoyle on this one. Good looking out for the community.