SUPER CHEAP METAL TARGETS

I bought one of @sharathkumar "FT practice target" and I told him I'd let everyone know what I think. Yep it comes unpainted, not a big deal. It is clean not greasy or covered with rust. I got a can of rusty metal primer and put a coat on all parts. I then used regular spray for appearance. It is pretty heavy duty 1/4"steel for the frame parts with clean holes cut.
I'm sure after seeing this he'll make adjustments to his build.
The "spinners" are big 1/2" thick rounds welded to 1/2" thick wall tube. OK this is made as a hobby at home I expect. The welding is not bad and plenty strong. The hole diameter of the spinners is much bigger than the 3/4" rod that they spin around - easy to grease. They are heavy my 25ftLb 22 will not spin them they only move ~120deg. Other than knocking the paint off there are no dents anywhere.
You can see by the pictures that the spinners are mounted to far behind the face plate. It becomes a problem when not shooting perpendicular to the spinner. You can hit the edge or even miss the spinner even when clearing the face hole. Also if not retained the spinner moves out of position. He drilled holes in the support rod so you can put pins through to keep them from sliding to far off center however I haven't figured out the correct assembly on mine to get the target holes and all the spinners to line up properly, the length of the hubs is not uniform. I can figure out his layout or get some washers & split rings to make them stay aligned. He provided split rings to make it easy to change the rod position I'm using retaining pins with loops to make it easier & tool free. It is nice to be able to raise the spinners above the face plate to shoot longer range.

Sometime soon I will drill new holes on the bottom rail to move the spinners closer to the holes. All the assembly holes are nearly 1" and he provided 1/2" nuts and bolts with big washers to put it together, just tighten everything with it sitting flat. The nylock nuts are a nice touch.

20220903_083947.jpg

20220903_084005.jpg

20220903_084056.jpg

20220903_084150.jpg

20220903_084209.jpg

20220903_095500.jpg

20220903_095510.jpg

20220903_095621.jpg