Suggestions on another 177 for a buddy

I'd like to get some opinions / suggestions on another PCP for a friend to help kill sparrows. I bought. FX Streamline in 177 and it is perfect for the job. I have friend that hunted with me this evening and and fell in love with shooting these sunflower invaders. 

What rifle should I buy for him to use? It must be in 177 to keep the noise down.. Another FX SL? Suggestions please.. BSA, Umarex? 

Thanks. 

this is from a conversation i had with another airgunner, his words:

" im a distance shooter 100+. I have been very impressed with the umarex guantlet tho. Its gonna upset expensive gun owners to know but its just as accurate out to 100yrds as my fx streamline in 22. The triggers not as nice nor is the bolt action. The bolt was pretty crunchy right out of the box. Now that I have it tuned and built to my liking though I'm getting close to 30 foot pounds and 1 inch groups out to 100 yards. So since its been beaten out by a far less expensive gun my streamline is goin for sale." 

If he liked the Streamline, he might like a Compatto. I have loved mine. I got the original one and then later put a Huma in it. If I were to do it over, I would just buy the “Target” version and not deal with the headache of instaling it. It won’t give you as many shots as the streamline, but it has been very accurate for me. The magazines are alot nicer to deal with than the FX ones. I have a SL in .22 and really like it too, but I reach for the Brocock if it is barnyard pesting. My two cents anyway. 

The Zobria does look interesting.. I'm not a big fan of bull pups.. I'm mostly shooting from a pickup truck so I need the length to prop up the rifle for stability. 

I did look at the HW 110 and looks like a great rifle, the same price as a FX SL and but with no adjustable transfer port. ( at least from what I read) it does have the mod included with saves ~$190.. the weight and length are perfect and the magazine seems a lot less complicated.

The weight of the Gaunlet is a little too much to be swinging around the inside of a single cab Silverado..

Appreciate all the input.

The R10's that Pyramyd is selling are new in box / old stock. They are very nice and accurate guns but.... being old stock the o-rings need replacing. Quite a few of them have leaks due to bad o-rings and some crud build up. Don't let that scare you off. You can order a replacement o-ring kit (comes from across the pond) and with a little effort you get a very nice rifle for a good price. XTX Air has a series of videos that walk you thru step by step on everything you could want to know on repairing/maintaining the R10's. There is a thread on this forum "So much for my new R10 MK2" that goes over these rifles. (Yeah I know, post a link) I know that I sound like a sales rep for BSA but this really is a good deal.

Your buying an extra rifle as a loaner or He is buying?

If it's his money we're helping you spend I say get the most reliable rig period. New folks esp. ones we drag in by the hand need a good first exp. to keep them coming back.

Now if your looking to grab a rig to loan do consider the $245 Gauntlet, just adjust the trigger and your good to go. The rifle is good and at that price you'll not be hurt much if it falls in a swamp, gets quadruple loaded, ... .

That BSA for under $600 might be worth rebuilding.

John

I own both HW110 and Kozak compact both 22 cal. both are good guns but

the HW 110FAC is to long for swinging around inside your truck( or any other full length air rifle with a moderator)

The Kozak required a vent hole be drilled in the trigger linkage area, to prevent hammer bounce from breaking the magazine linkage.

I do not know if the factory has made this change to their production line yet. They are the ones who sent me the cure and drawings

My kozak gets shot more than the HW110. I had a machinist drill and tap (on a lathe) the Kozak for a Donny Tatau and the 1/2x1/2-20 adaptor

I also lower the reg pressure and shoot AA16 at 780fps and get 60 shots per fill, for more powerful shots I use the HW110 18gr at 860 fps, both gun are accurate

I like that the Kozak moved the cocking lever forward as compared to bull pups. the mini cricket 22 would also make a great truck gun that is not a bull pup

I just do not like those cocking levers in my ear hole and I like magazines that are wheels and NOT windups

Another option is going back to Crosman. The Marauder is good, the Fortitude should be hitting shelves soon (Oh, how many times we've heard that??) and the Maximus is a good gun. Use the 25% off coupon code AGNATION, order on Friday for free shipping, and the guns get downright inexpensive.

Marauder is just a tad over $400

Fortitude is around $230

Maximus is about $165

Used to be only a couple choices in the low end but these days, it's overloaded with GOOD choices. Gauntlet, Crosman guns, and so many others.

Good point jarstrong.. Yes not a fan of the bolt gun either, especially when u can get the efficiency of side lever cocking.. those sparrows don't sit around too long after their buddy let's off about a years worth of dander.. it's so funny to watch the "sparrow dust" fly after they are hit.. 

Musical note? "S" flat? 

Good info too Satllake58.. tks

Sorry about my other post. Somehow I missed that this was a hunter. The hatsan at 44 weighs too much for effective hunting (maybe from a set of sticks it would be ok) but no way no how is this a lug around the field all type gun. Hey and your quite the friend. Wish I had a buddy willing to drop a grand for me to shoot. Lots of good suggestions on here.

The Streamline is really too long for the truck with a mod on it.. But I make it work.. 

My whole reason for this 2nd rifle is killing crop destroying birds.. they have ruined 3 dove fields. $$$$

If I plant sunflowers next year I will build elevated shooting boxes on the fields and ask pcp (only) hunters to come practice their skills and kill those d#+n birds.. 

My buddy is a good shot and looked like 4 year old at Christmas last evening when he was shooting..