Suggestions for first PCP without breaking the bank

Hi all. I'm looking at picking up my first PCP rifle but want to keep the costs down. I know this may be a stretch, but is there anything out there "budget" class that is truly accurate? What would you all recommend? Is there a company I should steer clear of? I've been looking at videos and reviews and they all seem to be contradicting each other or are very vague at best so I figured I'd ask the experts here. :) I'm looking for something with accuracy for small game and pests and would like to keep it .22 or slightly larger. Any other suggestions on possibly a side pump that is pretty accurate? Thanks in advance.

I would add to the above Benjamin Fortitude, Marauder pistol and Marauder rifle. 

As far as far as the contradictions go pellet choice cleanliness of the barrel and the tune of the gun make a huge difference in accuracy. Many just pull the guns out of the box stick a cheap pellet in them and expect performance. It seldom happens that way.

https://www.airgundepot.com/benjamin-fortitude-air-rifle.html#AGD-45698919

https://www.airgundepot.com/benjamin-marauder-pcp-air-pistol-177.html

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/precharged-pcp/benjamin-marauder-air-rifle-synthetic/

You say budget pcp but what's your budget? Where abouts are you in NY

Yep, budget. Don't forget to factor in how you're filling which means at least a hand pump,the cheap Chinese ones are $40-$50. Might better also factor in a scope unless you're shooting open sights, $50 to $100 for a budget one. Also a random thought but what kind of pests and distances you'll be shooting. 

And yep, where in NY because I am myself.

I agree Benjamin Marauder Rifle or Pistol is a good starting airgun to get into PCP. If you are just testing the waters I'd start there, but if you already know you're hooked then I would agree others to save up for something in the $1000-$1200 range and you well get an exponentially better airgun in all respects. 

Don't forget your accessories in your budget. Scope, pellets/slugs, air source, chrony for tuning, moderator (if you need quiet shooting).

My gauntlet will run rings around my marauder, but that is only one example.

You need to define "accurate".

At a true 100 yards, when i can run 10 shots together my gauntlet is a 3moa gun, my Mrod is a 5moa gun. At 50 yards my 177 chief is a 2moa gun, don't even bother at 100, my euro maximus is right with the chief at 50, they hang neck and neck.

All of these are inexpensive guns, some with a nice and more friendly pump pressures of 2k.

I also have a 25 Kral Puncher that is a 5moa gun at 100, but shoots 1 ragged hole at 50.

All of these distance shots I take from the bottle as to not deal with pressure drops over a 10 shot string, 3 shot groups are pointless.

Pesting can mean many things to many people, are you shooting starlings off your bird feeder, or are you wanting to shoot ground hogs across a pasture, both are pesting and both are some very different forms.

I know this may be a stretch, but is there anything out there "budget" class that is truly accurate? What would you all recommend? Is there a company I should steer clear of?.

I've been keeping an eye out for "Budget" PCPs for quite a while and finally settled on the Benjamin Fortitude. Contenders included the Umarex Gauntlet and Gamo Urban among others. My reasons for choosing the Fortitude:

• Regulated. Part of being budget is hand pumping and getting a high shot count really helps a lot with hand pumping. Here is where the regulator comes in handy.
  • Easy to hand pump (small reservoir) but still get 60+ shots per pump.
  • Crosman/Benjamin customer service. At least here in the US it's pretty tough to beat Crosman for customer service and parts support.
  • Weight: For me a lighter gun is a more versatile gun. 8.5+lbs guns before optics? For me that's a gun that will only be used on a bench. 5.5lbs? That's a great weight for a woods gun. Gun that can be easily shot from any of the 3 basic shooting positions without the need to be tethered to a bench. Since I'm shooting this with my son it's also a good weight for a pre-teen to handle and shoot safely as well.

My pesting will be squirrels, crows and possibly a groundhog or two. Now, if I want to distance shoot, I have many guns setup for distance. I'm looking to keep things within 60yds max so I won't be popping things at 100yds with it. I am near Saratoga NY. ;) Lots of good info here as usual. I'm really leaning toward the Gaunlet in .25 at this point but still looking and listening before I make a final decision. Biohazardman put up some good ones I'm looking at as well. The weight of the gun doesn't bother me too much. I actually prefer a heavier rifle as I do alot of competitive shooting with a 17lb .22LR offhand. ;)