Suggestions for a 2nd PCP rifle, for lower power and quieter than my .25

I have a Brocock Bantam Hi-Lite .25, with Trident moderator, which is great for pest control (prairie dogs and rabbits), but find it's a fair bit louder and a little too powerful for unobtrusive backyard plinking and whacking at the small steel reactive targets. Turning down the power level on this model doesn't make much of a difference in sound levels, so I prefer to just leave it at full power for pest control.

So... for my next PCP rifle, I'm contemplating .177 or .22.

Since I already have the .25 for pest control, does it make good sense to go to a .177 for economical plinking and shooting the small steel targets - or can a .22 be a better option that may be nearly as quiet as a .177?

I really do want this next PCP rifle to be much quieter than my Bantam Hi-Lite .25 with Trident moderator, which is louder than I like for extensive backyard plinking.

I'm thinking about another rifle at around the $1000 price point - any suggestions are welcome!

SO, .177 or .22. And what model rifles at around $1000?

Weihrauch HW110 and FX Streamline are two models that I've been looking at. Other good choices?

The 12 fpe version of the 177 HW110 with the Weirauch silencer, is extremely quiet.

Getting over 110 shots per fill before hitting yellow, which is nice for extended plinking.

Chronoed at 11.8 fpe with 10.5g H&N Baracuda.

It's so accurate, it's a bit boring at 20 yards (shooting paper) but that's all the distance I can get in my backyard.

rifle or bullpup ,,the bull pup that i seem to always come back to is the TAIPAN supposed to have a great trigger and ridiculous on accuracy and new i think there $1250 for a rifle as someone else mentioned the FX STREAMLINE looks nice but a CROWN can be had for $600 more congrats on getting a new 

PCP its a fun time looking and picking HYNZIE

The 12 fpe version of the 177 HW110 with the Weirauch silencer, is extremely quiet.

Getting over 110 shots per fill before hitting yellow, which is nice for extended plinking.

Chronoed at 11.8 fpe with 10.5g H&N Baracuda.

It's so accurate, it's a bit boring at 20 yards (shooting paper) but that's all the distance I can get in my backyard.

I didn't realize that the HW110 had different power versions. I need to explore what those different versions are.

I didn't realize that the HW110 had different power versions. I need to explore what those different versions are.

Krale sells both the FAC and 16J (12fpe) versions.

The FAC version has almost a 50% longer barrel and 70 fewer shots per fill.

Unless mainly hunting, the 12fpe version makes more sense to me.

The stock on the synthetic HW110 felt amazing to me - fantastic trigger too.

Yes, the trigger is excellent on the 110.

The only thing I don't like about this gun is the spring-loaded magazine latch.

It can be annoying having to hold the latch open while trying to get the mag seated and indexed.

I bought a single shot adapter and prefer to use it in most cases.