Suggestions for a .177 Backyard Plinker?

Great suggestions for springers, guys. Leaning toward a PCP repeater.
Mike Melnick has a B50 .22 for a excellent price.
Bam-B50-Air-Rifle-Spare-Parts.jpg

Last edited:
Never heard of the arrow. Looked it up some and one review said it was loud. I know you want .177 but gamo urban fits the price but could be just as loud not sure never shot one but loads of favora le reviews.

Crosman 1720 but Is more $ and would think a can on the end would help it and I hated the stock, same one on my prod.

I would say the pp750 but its best for someone who dosent mind smoothing the whole thing out. Plus a can is needed. But might come in at budget with can. Not sure though. Short barrel makes me think is could be louder than other offerings.

Reactions: Clear Fork
I dont see the arrow being loud unless the pellets used were lite pba going sonic. My gamos with the whisper fusion baffles ( same as arrows) are my least noisy gun.

But if wanting .177 i do think for me in my opinion a good springer would give you more satisfaction , then if a pcp .22

Sure seems a few guys that go .177 in a pcp kinda wished they gone .22 for the higher weight pellet . (Opinion).

In the end all you van do is what you feels best for you. Not me..😉

Thinking about getting a .177 for backyard plinking.
The quieter the better, fairly easy hand pumping would be good.
Ambidextrous would be a plus.
Under $300 new.

Gamo Arrow seems to fit the bill, any reviews or other suggestions?

Thanks.
Wait...there are guns that you can buy under $2000 these days? I thought those were some wives tales and didn't actually exist!

That gamo arrow was on sale black Friday under $200.. thing is a 3 year warranty that gamo will honor at the minimum. First year is all on them after that you just pay shipping to them..

You can email and ask them on that if needed. Ive used it twice over time on other guns . Near no ? Asked.

Not trying to convince but just a point to ponder.

Desired energy? Because for example when I think plinking, I think low power and high shot count. Sometimes as little as 6fpe but usually no more than 12fpe.
I aske a few times on these pcp with that +/- knob. On can you go down to say 450+/- fps for close target or indoor use then crank it up to the " normal 800+ fps gor long target or hunt use.

Lol.. that would be nice . You inow trun it down to do this and back up for that.. apparently they cant . Seems like one could . That adjuster knob or a regulator just good for a min little bit o guess when it could do so much more ( i guess?)

If your set on a pcp I suggest the Hatsan Flash models.More hand pump friendly than others.Proven track record of reliability.Very powerful and accurate.$350. But if you ain't shooting more than 35 yards one of them Weihrauch HW 30 or 50 would be perfect and they are really nice spring air rifles. HW30($250),,HW 50 ($300)

For 350.00 you can buy an Air Venturi Avenger, New. Used in the 225.00 to 250.00 range for the Plastic stock version
Go up a little more in money and get the Wood stock version

Great shooter
Quiet, Backyard Friendly
Has a Regulator so shot string will be constant
Power adjustability
Hand Pump Friendly

Pretty much checks all your boxes and is a Much better gun than the Arrow.....

Lots of good suggestions, folks.
I already have a .22 PCP, so sticking to .177 for this next one.
Low power and high shot count are what I'm after in a plinker, used rifle is fine.
Arrow and used Marauder are in the lead so far.
I like springers, I'm looking for a PCP in this case as a possible pass-along to introduce my son and grandson to PCP.

Regards,
Bob.