• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Suggestions for 1st airgun and scope please

👆👆👆👆

This right here.

Even in the states fields can be different. Its important to understand where you will be shooting mostly and what fits best with that. Especially when its going to be a first gun. For instance if your nearest field to you only shoots EFT and theres no clubs within a reasonable driving distance, you wouldn't want to get a sub 20fpe rifle as your first. The same is true if you flip it.

Personally when I was looking at air rifles and starting to do my research, I had dismissed the 177 caliber. I then went to my local field to watch, learn and ask questions. I was handed a rifle and participated in an AAFTA hunter division field target match. I was hooked. I now have 3 rifles in 177, though I can drop the 25 caliber into the ghost. Had I gotten a rifle without checking the local fields I would have gotten something with a very limited sporadic use.

Being in portugal really mixes things up. The only way is to be sure is to talk with your local clubs and rely on their advice.

My 2 cent, I have shot Field Target for awhile and there has been two items I have seen that perform way past what their price range would indicate. Benjamin Marauder they now offer a FT version with Lother Walther barrel that is regulated for about 750. The other is an Aeon 10x40 scope under 400 I’m not sure if the new ones perform like the older ones or not. If Hunter FT is what you’re talking about probably a different scope. I have seen several shooters humble many a competitor with a Marauder. But that being said it’s not the airplane it’s the pilot.

Last edited:
DA3BB2E2-3DB1-4445-8F0D-8DD82343F3BD.jpeg

Reactions: Pea-shooter O.G.