Suggestion for target shooting

Hello, I have been range shooting rimfires a lot and want to set up a backyard target and get a PCP pistol or bullpup or submachine size gun. I would really prefer semi maybe with full auto option. I do have neighbors so maybe something not terribly noisy. I currently have a Sig CO2 semi auto which is a fun little gun but I don't think Co2 is all that viable for how much I would be shooting. It is a bit loud as well but I canuve with it. It was like $119 and I am willing to go to $800 or if needed. Going to the range and buying ammo gets pricey so I am ok with an investment. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

25A2FD71-E274-4BC4-8A2E-D2CBFA70AE1C.1647701399.jpeg

MODERATOR EDIT: Post offers to sell in the classified section.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're a few dollars short, but one of the better pistols is the Ataman, AP16. The have two barrel lengths and three colors.

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/ataman-ap16-regulated-compact-air-pistol-black?m=4128#7870

There are Beeman and Crossman pistols also. I don't care for these as they have a steep angle to the grip. Much like the early Ruger .22 (Mk II), pistols. Seems that the Ruger pistols have even gone to the more vertical (like Sig Sauer, 1911 .45 etc.) grip!

As far as Bullpups, the best priced gun that will give you accurate shooting, a pretty simple, straight forward gun that has an adjustable trigger is the Walther Reign. They come in .22 and ,25. I have a .22 that's pretty nice. It's not at all flashy with nice wood stock and fully adjustable like the higher priced guns, but it gets the job done well. AND, it's under your $800 max.

https://utahairguns.com/walther-reign-uxt-bullpup-air-rifle/

You do understand that you'll need a filling method. A hand pump will work. A SBCA/SUBA tank, or an electric pump. The tank, you'll need a fire station or dive shop nearby to keep it filled. The electric pumps are pretty pricy. I use a SBCA tank for my rifles. I also have a hand pump that I use for my pistols.

Mike

if your wanting semi i wouldnt mess around and buy quality or its prettymuch wasted money .. if i had it to do over again, i wasted money on a couple of mid cost semis and wish id have just started with an sk19 .. but truth is around the home and plinking i really prefer a bolt ... a full auto or semi only has 'one' purpose for me around the home and we wont get into all that lol ... lets just say it could make a very effective paint stripper if the situation arises lol ...

You could learn how to shoot revolvers double action with the Umarex 686. The trigger pull on those is close enough to the real thing and they hold 10 pellets. I could get 40 shots out of 1 CO2 if I did 3 shots at a time. You will become a revolver fan once you get the double action down.
CO2 is not ideal but you can get it pretty cheap in bulk.
Good luck,

Dave 

I’ve got a Feinwerkbau and love it. Great pistol and a lot of shoots from one charge.
I always wanted one of the FWB side cocking springers, but just could not justify the cost as I was raising then sending a young son through college and law school. I have since been playing with some of the Daisy 747 and 777 pistols and am quite pleased and a IZH 46M

Daisy made some amazing accurate single-shot pistols, and they are still around. The Model 717,747, and the pricy 777. Try and find the 747, as it features a Walther barrel. The trigger on the Daisys are nice. Crisp and light. Don't let the name fool you, these are worth your time. My pistol has custom grips. I now have a scope mounted, one must find a mount that grips the barrel.

IMG-0902.jpg

I don't have a 717, but got a 722, the same gun but in .22 cal and yes it is more than decent for plinking. Using the same power plant it does not deliver the veolocity of one of the .177 cal models. I did acquire 3 each of the 747 and 777 models, one each for myself, son and grandson. They shoot at a higher velocity than the 722, and are useful at longer ranges. Their advantage is a Lothar Walther barrel and a adjustable trigger. The 777 has a steel rear sight that is fantastic, width of the notch is adjustable via a small screw to tune perfectly to your sight. It also has wood target grips and a milled steel cocking lever as compared to plastic sight on the lower grade models and a stamped cocking lever. Nothing wrong with any of them, I would go with a 747 over the 717 for the barrel and adjustable trigger. Whatever you get will probably need resealing, they use a foam washer as an oil carrier that tends to harden and deterioate with age, mine were all crumbling but a tear down and reseal is easy, about a 15 minute job.

Have a way to fill a PCP cylinder? Plan to shoot the pistol supported or unsupported, type of sight planning to use on it? If you have a air source for PCP's, will have more options to go through. (PCP hand pumps are no fun.)

Baikal/Air Venturi 46m SSP, HW P2 SSP, or FWB 65. These can be configured with a shoulder stock if preferred from Rink or Precisiontargetpistolgrips.com

If prefer something with a little more energy, have the Diana LP8.