Sub compacts

This little gem here looks promising. A true sparrowhunters delight. If I recall these Katrans has folding stock too. If it can do some stealthy sneaky10-14 ft/ibs in .177cal with the correct muffler I think I am in. I can already see some sparrow puffs using RWS super mags.

Last edited:
I would go with a Dreamline. Probably around the same price and many more options to set the gun up. I really like my Dreamline. These photos are all of my gun set up differently. Just my opinion and I am no expert but I feel like the Dreamline is often overlooked due to buyers lack of knowledge of what you can do with it. I own many airguns four of which are FX guns and this is one of my favorites. Easy to make compact with a folding stock.

IMG_9137.png

IMG_9136.png

IMG_9135.png

IMG_7580.png

Last edited:
There's more than a couple of these short rifle/carbine/pistols.

American Air Arms Mini .22
Brocock Atomic XR
Umarex Notos
Edgun Leshiy, Leshiy 2
FX Panthera Hunter Compact
AEA-SF Series, Compact
RAW Micro Hunter
AirMaks Katran SC
AEA HP SS

And probably others. All short, foldable stocks.

I have an, AAA Mini .22. Nice, probably the toughest of the bunch. A YouTube video will show you how much punishment it will take and still work, and hit point of "original" aim ! Others failed the same testing.

Mike

This little gem here looks promising. A true sparrowhunters delight. If I recall these Katrans has folding stock too. If it can do some stealthy sneaky10-14 ft/ibs in .177cal with the correct muffler I think I am in. I can already see some sparrow puffs using RWS super mags.
+1 on the Super Mags for close range pesting (y)
(y)

I'm toying with the idea of purchasing one of these compact air rifles again. Either in .22 or .25. Since I have a Lelya 2.0 in .25 I may go for a .22, but I'm uncertain at this point. Keep sharing your experiences you guys. Your input helps.

Did not know these had anti double feed.

Read on another forum they are easy to work on as well.

@Scouty Which gun are you referring to with an anti-double feed?

I'm toying with the idea of purchasing one of these compact air rifles again. Either in .22 or .25. Since I have a Lelya 2.0 in .25 I may go for a .22, but I'm uncertain at this point. Keep sharing your experiences you guys. Your input helps.

@Scouty Which gun are you referring to with an anti-double feed?

The Katran. It does not work like the Gen1 Veterans, however, where if you de-cock the rifle, a double feed is prevented when you cock the rifle again.

The Katrans can be de-cocked but if there is a round in the chamber it will double feed when you cock the rifle again.

To be clear, I have not owned or shot a Katran or a Taipan so this is just my understanding. Take it for what it is worth.

Impact compact is a tiny little package, got mine to be under 7lbs scoped and still slinging 23 grain slugs at 920fps and good enough to hit soda can at 220 yards. It is in a league of its own, if you want super compact then the Atomic when it's on sale is hard to beat. But it weights more than my Impact compact and has half the power.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
Impact compact is a tiny little package, got mine to be under 7lbs scoped and still slinging 23 grain slugs at 920fps and good enough to hit soda can at 220 yards. It is in a league of its own, if you want super compact then the Atomic when it's on sale is hard to beat. But it weights more than my Impact compact and has half the power.
@qball Do you have the option of installing longer barrels on the compact Impact?

@qball Do you have the option of installing longer barrels on the compact Impact?

Of course, it started life with a 600mm barrel. Then I installed a 700mm barrel then down to 500mm with a 300cc bottle. With a stubby moderator it's really small and I would recommend watching out for your fingers not be in the way of the muzzle.

Compact Impact only has shorter 500mm barrel and 300cc bottle. If you put a 700mm barrel on then same setting will shoot the 23 grain slugs over 1000fps. The small bottle would look a little funny though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezana4CE

Sorry it’s not more compactly written. The summary is that it’s a diamond in the rough!

The Katran. It does not work like the Gen1 Veterans, however, where if you de-cock the rifle, a double feed is prevented when you cock the rifle again.

The Katrans can be de-cocked but if there is a round in the chamber it will double feed when you cock the rifle again.

To be clear, I have not owned or shot a Katran or a Taipan so this is just my understanding. Take it for what it is worth.
The trade off is that the Katrans will keep shooting, even with an empty mag. Or you can get a Carm mag with a stop but lose the anti double feed. I am sticking with the stock mag and have marked it so I can see when it’s empty.

Reactions: Scouty