Sub $700 Bullpup Choices

1597002756_3612711285f30540471acd1.35391920.png

And the second PIC I use it to explain why I believe what AEA says:

.Because when I couldn't find a carbon fiber cylinder, I used to make a cylinder by myself.use a solid 7075t6 material drilling a deep hole. I calculated the data and weighed them when I finished.

i found its real.

1597003696_18411491135f3057b08567b7.99424044.png

The third picture is about some practical problems when I was making light cylinders.This process Let me know that carbon fiber cylinders don't always have weight advantage.

Using Barlows Formula for burst pressure and using tensile strength for 7075t6 (74,000psi) a tube that size would only have a burst pressure of 10,820psi which is no where near safe for a fill above 3600psi at a 3 to 1 safety factor vs the CF tank that must withstand a minimum of 3.5 to 1 at 4500psi working pressure. 

When use carbon fiber , the bigger tank more lighter than same size aluminum alloy tank.But thin cylinders are not following this rule.

But don't think it's easily.use 7075t6 to make cylinder. It's not cheap, either.

So don't doubt that !you can judge it through the cylinder volume and total weight of the gun .

You can find that AEA guys are not exaggerating.

1597003696_18411491135f3057b08567b7.99424044.png

The third picture is about some practical problems when I was making light cylinders.This process Let me know that carbon fiber cylinders don't always have weight advantage.

Using Barlows Formula for burst pressure and using tensile strength for 7075t6 (74,000psi) a tube that size would only have a burst pressure of 10,820psi which is no where near safe for a fill above 3600psi at a

The data on the PIC is the data which I homemade by myself. not AEA. I don't know their cylinder wall thickness.The AEA website is written that the pressure test is higher than 110MPa.(15950PSI) its safety enough

I just share from my experience that 7075t6 cylinders can be as heavy as carbon fiber when they are thin cylinders. Because the metal layer in the carbon fiber bottle cannot be thin, so the proportion will be larger and larger.

Kral PB: great gun outta the box, accurate etc. They got their valve and cocking levers sorted. If you want light, go for the synthetic but then you'll miss out on the georgeous walnut ...

Hatsan Flash pup: light (yes, really!!) and very accurate. Shoots the Grizzly accurately. Go for the wood, some of the S move in the stock creating moving Poi issues. Need to put in a reg, easy to do. I recommend Audrius b/c of the impeccable consistency, the large plenum and the low cost.

Artemis P10: incredible build quality (titanium cylinder). Great mags (evanix style, no comparison with p15), and excellent accuracy. Highly underrated gun, although not light (around 3 kgs). The newly updated stock is really ergonomic -- some serious thought has gone into this. Nothing to do with the rather flimsy p15. In fact, I got a .25 yesterday to keep my p-12 company. The pic below shows the p10 on the right.

Surprised also to see the high-quality (and settable) stainless steel regulator. A far cry from the earlier aluminum junk. This gun also has an extra large plenum (lihe the FX power plenum) resulting in easy power at a low reg setpoint. The only continued downside is the hammer retention pin on the cocking bolt. This m3 allen bolt works but it is undersized, causing gritty cocking. I spend an hour tapping to replace it by a m5 allen bolt. Very smooth high-quality cocking now ... This feels and shoots like a 1000+ usd gun.

IMG_20200905_192053.1599330560.jpg

I have owned several SPA guns, and had a P12 bullpup in the past. All great weapons... (loved the P12) I now have an Akela and you will not be disappointed. Very accurate, not particularly pellet fussy, easy to adjust for power or shot count. Wood and metal are very good, balance is exactly what you would expect, trigger is quite good out of the box, and yes, you can own one sub $500.00 using the AGN discount code and ordering on Friday...hard to beat deal!!

This thread is pertinent to my interests :)

I have a Hatsan Flashpup (Wood, 0.22) and I have pulled the shroud and run a Donny FL LDC.

It is insanely accurate for the price point (300.00 from brownells) holds sub 1/2” at 35 yards 5 shot groups with JSB 18.5 gr pellets. 

trigger is Ok. I usually get 2 mags before I top it off to keep the accuracy from suffering.

My biggest complaint is the action. I am looking to upgrade to a slide lever. I just wish the bullboss was the flashpup with a side lever.

my dad has an FX and the slide lever is so smooth and accurate. I’m. It looking or expecting FX quality and accuracy but the slide lever is super nice. 

The Akela is on the short list but it is a little long. The bullboss is cool but I am thinking the shroud needs to be pulled and it’s on the heavy side. 

Still hoping they do a slide lever with the flashpup 

I have had good results with the Hatsan flashpup's ,have 6 of them now .if you go to HATSAN USA.COM you can save some extra money by getting on the REFURBISHED waiting list.when a gun becomes available they will notify you,got 5 that way.have not had any problems.got the wood stock and 1 with the synthetic stock .have power tuned my .25 cal to shoot the JSB'S 33.95 gr mk2 pellets.removed the shroud and installed a donnyfl moderator (emperor v3).ATN 4k pro 3x14 day/night scope.the refurbished price on the Hatsan web site is less than 275.00 dollars US.