Styer LP 50 mag loading

I have a Styer LP 50 that is an awesome pistol.Loading the mags can be tedious and time consuming. Is there a loading device that can be used that would speed things along? I have bought 4 mags and that helps a lot but my oh my they cost $75.00 ea. I now that if you want to run with the big dogs, you gotta learn how to lift your leg………..

What...problem are you having ?? Don't understand. The magazine to gun fit on my LP50 is excellent.

Just make sure that the magazine rotation is correct, before you try to insert it. The magazine slides right in place...a square magazine...into a...square hole. What else do you need. The pellets DO...need to be FULLY...incapsulated by the magazine. They CANNOT, stick out of either end of the hole that they rest in. This pretty much limits you to using only..."flat" head, or wad-cutter pellets.

And yeah, that $75 price is WAY outta line. The machine shop probably makes 10 at a time, on a CNC mill, with two, maybe three setups. The magazines should cost about $10 to $12 ea. !!

Mike

I definitely didn’t make my statement easy to understand. Sorry. The tedious part is actually putting the pellets into the magazines. I pour a generous number of pellets onto a towel next to my shooting set up. One by one I insert the pellets. I thought how nice it would be to have a device that vibrated sorta like a primer flipper and then aligned all the pellets face down. I then could just slide each aluminum mag under the exit hole. The pellets would fall into each hole.
Ive never vibrated pellets to see in they EVEN sort in a repeatable manner. Like I said, just dreaming of a Mr. Easy Peary pellet dropper.

Well -

It's only five pellets !

Pickup a single pellet, verify the correct direction of the magazine stick (for lack of better words), and push it in place, flat side (wadcutter pellet) toward the barrel.
Now...do that four more times, your done. Should take about 45 seconds at the longest.

Don't use any tricky garbage, just your fingers. If I can do it with my semi-fat fingers, about anyone should be able to.

Mike

I like the LP50 Mine is the shorter, "Sport"

I have a bad habit with it... I don't pay enough attention to the air tank pressure, and shoot it until the remainder of the pressure just bypasses the regulator. I've done that a few times.

Great little gun.

1655015153376.jpeg

Mike

Reactions: cavedweller
Hey Mike. I have the ” load one at a time, in the right direction” concept down pat. I’m now gonna steer clear of tricky garbage.
Thanks for your help
I use this pellet sorter for my LP 50. It works pretty well. Will not load your pellets, but will orient them pointing down.

I hire a “south of the border” person, with questionable visa status, to stand next to me whenever I shoot. I pay them to weigh, sort, groom and load my pellets polish them too if I’m heading towards a match. Problem solved albeit a first world problem. I figure if I can afford a Steyr and a ton of pellets I can afford to drink wine and eat sushi while I shoot targets off the back of my yacht- no not really but the intentional sarcasm reminds me how spoiled we Americans have become at 72 degrees F. Yes we always look for an easier way!!!