• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX STX Barrel Liner Oring Lockdown

After lapping 5 liners yesterday and reassembling the barrel assemblies, I got tired of the orings moving around. So I printed TPU holders to lock them down. I attached a ZIP file with STL files for .22, .25, and .30 liners.

oring .jpg

oring close.jpg

View attachment FX Oring Guides 22 25 30.zip

Cool for those with 3D printers...if you don't a few layers of electrical tape on either side of the oring will do the same thing in a much lower tech way...
= ?????????? That is all you have to offer Sherlock ???? haha

Squirrel=

It was very kind of you to take the time to design these and then share them with the community freely . I personally thank you you for that . (y):coffee:

Reactions: Squirrelmageddon

Squirrel=

It was very kind of you to take the time to design these and then share them with the community freely . I personally thank you you for that . (y):coffee:
Did you order a double shot of sensitivity with your Starbucks this morning or is this just the normal you?

All I said was that this is a cool addition for those that have a 3D printer but if you don't, you can accomplish the same thing applying some electrical tape on either side of the oring. It wasn't meant to degrade the OP's creation or otherwise throw any shade whatsoever . . . only to offer a more low-tech alternative if needed - but thanks for coming to the OP's defense anyways.

Did you order a double shot of sensitivity with your Starbucks this morning or is this just the normal you?

All I said was that this is a cool addition for those that have a 3D printer but if you don't, you can accomplish the same thing applying some electrical tape on either side of the oring. It wasn't meant to degrade the OP's creation or otherwise throw any shade whatsoever . . . only to offer a more low-tech alternative if needed - but thanks for coming to the OP's defense anyways.
Just a simple thanks to the new fellows for trying to share something with us all here lol. I just enjoy a friendly helpful and encouraging environment is all.
So Uh Yeah! LOL They may have gave/slipped me a free sample of extra sensitivity in my Folgers that I was not aware of haha. :coffee:

Reactions: yenniedn
Cool for those with 3D printers...if you don't a few layers of electrical tape on either side of the oring will do the same thing in a much lower tech way...
Ya I was using duct tape for awhile. I just needed an excuse to keep up with my drafting and 3D printing hobby.

If I don’t have a CF liner tube, I just tightly wrap one layer of Teflon tape around the oring. Stretch it as you wrap. Holds oring in place. Easy day.
Man I never would have thought of that. I bet it would work great on the .25 and .30. The .22 orings seemed oversized and a little tighter than the other two. The tube threading may have been an issue on the .22 liner
Anybody try using small zip ties on the sides of the O rings ?
Ya I tried that but the heads of the zip ties are too large for the .25 and .30. The tube ID is about 11.5mm and the .25 liner is 9mm OD. The .30 liner OD is 10mm.

Squirrel=

Hey, thanks man. I really appreciate that.