STX barrel and slugs

Guys are getting so confused over these FX barrel's! The STX barrel is the same as the original ST barrel only in a quick change liner form... still only has the twist at the end couple of inches. The slug liners will have the twist the full length of the liner...and supposedly be in different twist rates eventually.

James from Michigan,

I think you're mistaken. My .30 impact STX 700mm is rifled full length.

Sorry to be late to the party but the slug liners are indeed choked. And I mean considerably. Ive actually slugged the liner and took a .217 slug and pushed thru down to a .2126 to .213. That is a serious choke for a slug. TR is 1:15.5 for my 600mm. And I believe it's made that way to marry with those swaged type bullet shapes with the pronounced noses leaving smaller bearing surfaces so that choke won't slow the bullet down too much but enough to help stabilize upon exit.

I learned all this by staying at a Holiday Inn Express once. Lol

Another finding based on the initial post topic. 

I have shot the 22 caliber .217 swage slugs 22.5 grainers thru the pellet liner wth my impact and in fact, with that particular slug, it was very accurate! I believe the slug liner agrees better eith the .218 size slugs. The .217s spiral noticeably but tries to hold it's POA as best as it can.