• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Stupid Question of the Day - Pellet holder?

To carry pellets in the field I use old Gamo tins with JSB foam top and bottom (they're smaller than others and have a screw top lid) for my "bulk load." I also use a pellet pen (Air Venturi I think), but that's mostly for springers. I do use the pen for my Disco, but it's just to have to fumble less (finding the tin and unscrewing the lid) for my next pellet.

Edit: just looked at the link (Lead Shed)...that thing is super cool!

"pheelgood"I use tape currently, however I've been thinking about finding a decent solution to keep my pellets organized in my bench bag.
I've seen everything from Pellcans to circular stackable clear containers.
What are you using and why?
I just LOVE the PELLCANS!!! Thought they were a great piece of "Bling" to pick up for your rig. Sadly, these are no longer made, but you can get the full machining instruction off the Yellow's Machining section.
I love these holders because of their solid construction....Machined from solid blocks of aluminium, their bright colors...heavy duty anodization which results in deep lasting color, and my pellets are kept safe from damage. They have 2 orings on the outside that act like bumpers so you don't scratch-up the finish , and it is made so that when the 2 halves are unscrewed, they can be stacked. I really wished that I had bought more of these when I had the chance.

In these tins, From left to right...JSB 18.1g, JSB Jumbo Monster Stratons 25.39 g, JSB Jumbo heavy Stratons,
On the lower level, JSB 18.1g(Weighed), Crossman Boxed Premiers 14.3 g, and Air Arms Diablo Field Heavy 18 g

The 6 that I own each hold 500 pellets, and even comes with a coin that denotes what caliber is stored inside.

After I am done weighing my pellets, they soon find a home inside their own Pellcan
Ohh...to tell what is inside each Pellcan, I peel-off the label from the pellet tin and taped them to the bottom of the Pellcan.
LOVE MY PELLCANS!
Mike

I was about to post some pics I took with my phone of an accessory pouch I just bought at walgreens for $5. But I have to use an outside source to do that & that's just to much work.
The pouch is a little smaller than a 500 pellet tin. It's made of soft material with a zipper. Very similar to a coin pouch. All you have to do is unzip about an inch then squeeze the pouch and tip over so a pellet can come out.
The other picture I was gonna post is of a leather pouch my mom made me about 30 years ago just for this purpose. I used to run around with my pellet gun all the time but you could hear me coming because of the tin can. All my possible victims would fly away because they recognized the sound. So I came up with the idea of a pouch, I told my mom about it and she made me one. The latter is my favorite. It works great & I can just reach in a pluck 1 out with 1 hand.