Stupid law or am I missing something.

I wasn't even talking about what the DCNR regulations are. I was simply talking about being accurate/precise in shots and knowing where to place those shots. So, in my experience and IMHO, .177 and .22 are AMPLE calibers to take tree rats. If you think you need a higher caliber for small game/tree rats, then I posit that you simply don't want to take the time to be accurate/precise with YOUR shooting.

To each their own. I know where I stand on this issue and work VERY hard to be accurate/precise with my shots and know WHERE I need to place those accurate/precise shots for clean kills. (smile)

p.s.

No, I don't claim to be a perfect shot. I don't KNOW anyone who claims to be one either.
I fully support your right to make a decision as an individual, I think those that would decide to use a .25 for reasons of their own should also be allowed to. Your p.s. is one reason someone else might want a .25 a perfect shot with .117, .22, and .25 will all have very similar results. A bad shot with a .25 has a better chance of still having good results than a bad shot with .177 has.

Reactions: 450BM
I fully support your right to make a decision as an individual, I think those that would decide to use a .25 for reasons of their own should also be allowed to. Your p.s. is one reason someone else might want a .25 a perfect shot with .117, .22, and .25 will all have very similar results. A bad shot with a .25 has a better chance of still having good results than a bad shot with .177 has.
No such thing as overkill