Tuning STUCK halfway thru' Seneca Aspen/Nova Freedom Pump Repair - PHOTOS

Hello, Butch and others. It was a struggle to get the tube loose! There are no specialty tool stores near me, but it was clear I'd need a side pin wrench to turn the part. I found the pictured tool at Harbor Freight for $4.99. It was necessary to file the pins from 4mm to near 2mm. I had to grip the stainless tube, too. Lesser methods failed, including the small pipe wrench that wouldn't grip the polished stainless tube. I locked-on vice grips to hold the fragile tube. Still, those threads were really snugged down. Anyway, it's off!

Now, I'm at the point illustrated by the photos. Does that look like yours at that point in the disassembly? I tried to unscrew the brass fitting, but it was the other end of the tube that loosened. I don't want to use vice grips on the tiny tube. Suggestions?

1551138821_11489010525c7480058b2a21.66733932_IMG_6603.JPG
1551138848_2889169055c748020687462.47210799_IMG_6607.JPG
1551138863_3262080115c74802fafa2b8.34542914_IMG_6608.JPG

Thanks, Butch and others. I successfully completed the repair. Having done the repair once, I've gained insight into simplifying the process. In a few days, I'll be rested, and I'll document my suggested procedure. One question not answered yet: Would polyurethane o-rings serve better than the suggested Buna-N? I suspect so, and I'll have some on-hand for testing if a further repair is necessary (inevitable, I think). I've ordered an Air Venturi MK4 hand-pump, too. I'll reserve the built-in pump for the field, and use the hand-pump when it's convenient. Keep the built-in pump lubricated! The oiling frequency given in the owner's manual is not sufficient to keep this pump alive. Thanks again!

for anyone else that finds this post while struggling through this:

the part that monsterpcp and i had problem getting loose may be getting tightened much tighter at assembly than when the others bought them. mine is an aspen, so it may be air venturi tightening everything up before sending them out or something (if resellers do this type of thing?)

there is no way i could have done it without both the tool monsterpcp mentioned (amazon has stuff that will work, but the harbor freight one is the cheapest and its pretty easy to file down)
https://www.harborfreight.com/adjustable-pin-wrench-36554.html

and i also needed a pipe wrench to keep the stainless steel tube from spinning.

Would like to know if anyone has documented this process and would be willing to share? (monsterpcp?) I have an Aspen, purchased about a year ago. I'm stuck at the point where I have almost everything apart, except the 7mm diameter stainless tube is still attached to the gun. I have not yet gotten to the brass part with the two BBs.

So, at this point do I need to remove the black plastic part that is attached to the gun, which Sticman77 put in a photo above, circled with a yellow circle and question mark? That's the one Butch said you do not need to take off. So I am confused! I presume Butch meant you do not need to take it off "yet".

Things are mostly tightened very tight, to the point I am afraid of breaking things as I try to get them apart. I made a small effort to remove this black plastic part, but it would not budge. Should I just apply more torque?

Thanks everyone for helping me get this far at least!

Pictures would help. The small tube is the pressure tube and has a precharge of 1800 psi which uses a piston to hold it in. If you take the pressure tube off you need to release that pressure and it takes a special probe to precharge it again. The precharge is so you don't need to put a bunch of pumps into the rifle to get to shooting pressure. The tube I'm talking about is the one to the right of the yellow circle.