• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Struck Gold

Lobi

Feb 11, 2023
Michigan
Brass?
This came along with a Crosman 1100 that I wanted as a package deal.
Didn't know I wanted a 761 XL until I opened the package.
Anything i need to know? Anybody got parts laying around they'd sell? I need some screws. I'll have to order seals. Pump cup is hard as rock.

Screenshot_20230221_174040_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: TXRMike
That's a nice example. I really like the stock with butt-plate. Yours should have a rifled barrel. Something that a lot of 760 owners find very desirable. BB velocities should be around 550-fps if everything is working correctly.

I found one at a swap-meet long ago, fixed it up and gave it to my younger brother because he likes shiny things. He eventually kludged it up with parts from another one he found at a swap-meet, then handed it back to me to fix once again. Gone were the gold receiver and rifled barrel... Then he handed me another victim of his lack of smithing-skill and I found it had the rifled barrel.

Accuracy with modern pellets wasn't nearly as good as I'd hoped for, but it did do surprisingly well with the old Crosman trash-can wadcutters.

J~

IMG_1961.JPG