• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Strictly airguns from powder burners?

No airgun out there will ever replace this

View attachment 362059
Or this one. šŸ˜

20200901_181545_4.jpg

i will keep all my PB's, reloading equip, rifles and handguns for my son and grandkids.
we deer & hog hunt a lot ! i mostly use my airguns but sometimes i
like to go out to around 150-200yrds, so...... šŸ¤˜
Day 2 of forum permission waiting period. Still trying to contact you about the Maverick you have for sale

Reactions: Scotay42
I was really getting into Trap, member of the ATA. Bought a mec 9000 reloader, got it dialed into a sweet trap load. Then covid hit and everyone lost their minds. I have not seen a Winchester 209 primer since. Bags of shot tripled. No wads. Shot gun shells doubled or tripled in price and very limited quantities. šŸ¤¬

Purchased a HW77 and an Optisan CP scope and now have several springers and air pistols. Really have to concentrate on trigger squeeze and hold. Shooting soup cans and spinners, listening to music and enjoying the country has turned into a pleasant replacement for Trap.

Reactions: jccams
Squirrels and a dog, ok, that and the BS of Fauci's Virus, had a request to reduce the ground squirrel population at a Horsemans Association, I knew I'd never do it with a .22 so I bought a A17 17hmr and boom squirrel guts all over the place, 18 my first outing. BUT there is a dog that hates the bang, even a 100 yards away, so I thought I'd try a airgun, bought a Remington nitro, broad sides of barns were perfectly safe, took me forever to get the barrel straightened and the thing to work, found out about PCPs and down the Rabbit HoleĀ® I went. Got a Sapsan, loved it but the reg wasn't playing well crept like there was no tomorrow, went back to the shop for repair, the same day that Putin did his thing. Didn't see it for a year. Didn't want to go back to the Nitro so .... bought a Maverick, then another one. It's fun to get the trigger time in the back yard and to muck around with the mechanics, sadly nary a squirrel has been gotten, have to learn the 100+yard skill set with airguns oh and having the pesky rodents actually being UP and out might help. Did go to the range with a PB, use to be fair, with my Xd9, OMG at a measly 5 yards I could barely hit paper, took a few mags to get back into the groove, use to be able to hit steel at 100 yards. Residing in a state that restricts so much and a fed that is getting worse can't take some of the Pew-Pews out and I'm not sure I miss it. I've got a sweet little setup in the back yard, and knock on wood, nary a peep out of my neighbors or people walking on the street other side of the fence. Lots of shrubs help. Had a guy 80 yards away tell me he could hear the poof and the pellet hitting the paper, must have great ears but he knows I shoot anyway so not an issue.
All my pb buds always go for the cheapest ag when they try one out - why?

Was shooting PB since I was a kid. Then joined the Army Infantry and fired expert with every weapon I picked up. Got out of the Army and broke the law. Went to jail and lost my rights. Got into archery and have a Hoyt Defiant bow that I'm pretty good with. I was on YouTube 3 years ago looking for bow hunting videos when I came across one titled "How Far Will an Air Rifle Kill? Part 1". After another 30+ videos I ordered my first PCP (a Hatsan Bully .25) and 2 weeks later my second one (Hatsan Bullboss .25). Since then I have not shot my bow at all. My new favorite is an AEA HP SS .30 that goes with me in my truck everywhere. As many years as I shot PB I have never had as much fun as I do with air rifles.

Full Curl Archery - 8-26-17 (3).jpg

NW Archery - 5-29-17 (12).jpg

Night Stand Setup.jpg

I haven't swapped out firearms for airguns, but I rarely shoot my powder burners anymore. I had the dream job of getting paid to test fire and/or shoot proof targets for a couple of custom rifle manufacturers. After 20 years of shooting .308, 300 win mag, and .50 bmg sniper rifles for a living, both of my shoulders are trashed and even with proper hearing protection, those 20 years have also left me with significant hearing loss. 4 years of being a crewman on an M1A1 Abrams didn't help either. And then there's the outrageous price of firearms ammo these days.

I've come love the quiet precision and relatively low recoil of my Weihrauch and Diana rifles, and my air pistols.

I've come love the quiet precision and relatively low recoil of my Weihrauch and Diana rifles, and my air pistols.
While I enjoyed going to the firearms range, after going to an air rifle only range I realized how much I LOVED the quiet peacefulness of it. I went home rested and relaxed.

You don't realize how much the noise of a range affects your body until you get to experience something similar without the noise. Its great.