Stretching the limits of my 22 mini crown (380mm) shooting 21 gain slugs

Yesterday I dropped by a friends winery around noon just to say hi, but nobody was there. So I shot him a text letting them know I had dropped by. He told me they were gone until Thursday afternoon visiting friends, but to please shoot the squirrels if I had an air rifle with me. Twist my arm I said and grabbed my "mini" crown with the 380mm 22 cal barrel shooting the H&N 21 grain slugs. So I sat down on their patio and proceeded to shoot a few squirrels 60-70 yard range.

So I get home and I am cleaning out my car and can't find my sunglasses.....Only one place they could be, so today I headed back up to get them. Pull up ,grab my sunglasses and go and sit under a shade tree with my mini crown, bucket, sticks and of course a cup of coffee....No real squirrel action except in the chicken coop so I just sat there and watched. 

I saw movement right in front of me...It was an evil gopher with big ass teeth looking at me. I thought he was sizing me up so I took a shot at him and saw a huge dirt impact behind him...Missed I thought.....A few minutes later another evil gopher with those big ass teeth popped up and looked at me....Again I took the shot and a large puff of dirt blew up.....

I sat there thinking to myself "how in the Hell did I miss both the gophers" Feeling pretty down I grabbed my stuff and was starting to walk back to the car, but something made me go back to the holes....Well I guess I am not such a bad shot after all. Both gophers were dead just inside their holes.....

Oh and about the title "Stretching the limits of my 22 mini crown" first shot was 16 yards and the second 17 yards....I didn't say which limit I was stretching 😎

IMG_6262.1651795509.jpg

Tony P.