Stretched the distance on my HW97 today. 45 yard groups.

5 hot groups,
PXL_20211002_164921806.1633193881.jpg
PXL_20211002_164906847.1633193881.jpg
.20 caliber. 45 yards. Bucket and sticks. Only 12x scope. All touch the edge of a quarter. Timing my heartbeat is very difficult. Any secrets?

Have to learn to relax, when I was competing, I use to get into my FT position and set there for at least a 15 minute interval. Learn to breath slowly with deeper in an out breathing. Watch you diet, no/ low surgar before shooting. Practice slow deep breathing, after a while I was able to get my resting heart rate down to just over 50/52 beats per minute. This allowed time to shoot between heartbeats. Now that was 25/30 years back..... Things change...high blood pressure, heart attack, triple bypass surgery, yep its all different now!!! Much higher heart rate, medicine that controls a regular heart beat at a high rate, gained weight etc. Can no longer shoot between beats but I do try. Had to learn my wobble pattern all over after health issues.. It takes time and lots of concentration to figure it all out!!

Yes I need to practice breathing control. i usually only shoot out to about 25 and at 25 it doesn’t make that much difference. You really notice it when you start stretching out past 40 yards.

Those are some great groups!!! Revel in your accomplishment!!

For me I find follow through to be as important as the rest. I keep my trigger depressed FAR LONGER than it feels necessary. I exhale most way, pause, settle, time heartbeat, shoot, wait, wait, wait.

Additionally I make sure to use the distal pad of my second phalanx and not the crease. Not too close to the tip. I also tend to "snug" some of my springers in. No too tight, not too loose. 

But, your groups are fantastic right there!!!!!

As they say, "the peregrination is as important as the destination"

5 hot groups,
PXL_20211002_164921806.1633193881.jpg
PXL_20211002_164906847.1633193881.jpg
.20 caliber. 45 yards. Bucket and sticks. Only 12x scope. All touch the edge of a quarter. Timing my heartbeat is very difficult. Any secrets?

Shawn at least with me when I’m getting a touch of bounce due to my heartbeat I’ve got to much of my body/face pressure on the stock especially if I’m shooting prone. Might try just slightly taking the amount of contact you have with the stock and lighten it up a touch.