Strelok users

Saw this on a UK forum I belong to and thought I'd post it just in case:
05CCE4BB-CCFC-4710-ABDF-4D7C4D9DBFD6.jpeg

When a App Store “takes down” your app, it only becomes unavailable to new users or people trying to change devices or people that uninstalled and then reinstall.

For people that have an app installed on multiple devices, like iPhone and iPad, they can copy from one device to another. There’s a YouTube video on how to do this. Android devices can also install outside the App Store if you have the .apk file.

When you do an iCloud backup in preparation to swap devices , just remember you are not backing up apps..you are only backing up a placeholder to the app and the app data. So when you do a restore from a iCloud backup and the app has been removed from the store, it will be “unavailable”. The icon for the app will show up on your screen but when you try to open it, you’ll get the App Store version of the middle finger. And it doesn’t matter if it’s purchased or not. Unavailable.

When a App Store “takes down” your app, it only becomes unavailable to new users or people trying to change devices or people that uninstalled and then reinstall.

For people that have an app installed on multiple devices, like iPhone and iPad, they can copy from one device to another. There’s a YouTube video on how to do this. Android devices can also install outside the App Store if you have the .apk file.

When you do an iCloud backup in preparation to swap devices , just remember you are not backing up apps..you are only backing up a placeholder to the app and the app data. So when you do a restore from a iCloud backup and the app has been removed from the store, it will be “unavailable”. The icon for the app will show up on your screen but when you try to open it, you’ll get the App Store version of the middle finger. And it doesn’t matter if it’s purchased or not. Unavailable.
I don't recommend using icloud for backup much better backing up to your local computer way faster and the data is always under your control