Strelok Pro use with air guns

Thanks LDP, I agree wholeheartedly! I just happened to catch an offhand remark recently regarding the fact that there is a free version of Strelok... so I went to my Google Store on my phone and downloaded "Strelok Ballistic Calculator" free version instead of the Strelok Pro just to chuck it out. It turns out that it does everything I need it to do so that I have no need for the "Pro" version. I am not terribly sophisticated when it comes to electronic devices...wouldn't even know how to play a video game... but I had this app up and running perfectly in no time. Here are a couple examples I even emailed to myself! This is exactly what my Sightron reticle looks like except mine has a floating dot in the center.... man with this on my phone and my Athlon Range Finder I am going to be set to the bone! :)

1545266642_7179879825c1ae5d20b9a03.44724761_LRMOA, Sightron (3).jpg

For this one at 100 yards I put in a 10 mph cross wind coming from 90 degrees right.

1545266661_10597302605c1ae5e5a205f9.07714936_LRMOA, Sightron (1).jpg

1545266743_19138980585c1ae637a46ca7.92495688_LRMOA, Sightron (2).jpg

If you have time to use a range finder or know the range before your shot this app will make your hit ratio go thru the roof. I use it with everything from my .22 Leshy to my 7mm Rem Mag out to 500 yards. If you have the data correct and can squeeze the trigger your chances of a miss just disappear. My best experience with Strelok Pro was with my FX Compact. Got the gun on a Friday and got all my data entered, on Saturday pulled off multiple kills on woodchucks and birds from 90-130 yards all with the rifle sighted in at 80 yards. The app has reduced my work down to just working out the wind hold. I dont have a device to measure the wind yet so I cant input that data. If you dont have time to range the target you have to go back to good old knowledge but after using the app it makes you a better shooter because your using your rifle to it's real potential. I almost never dont have a complete pass thru on game so I know the guns can reach out well past what people consider a far shot. 

I ordered a range finder and while I’m waiting I downloaded StrelokPro. It was confusing because you had to enter all your information on different screens. I still have difficulty finding which screen I entered what if I have to change something. But once ironed out, wow. It was nice using full magnification and turret clicks instead of holdover. Tried it out on a pigeon on top of my friend’s roof. Using his rangefinder, it was only 43 yards, 7 deg incline. Strelok tells me 2.5 MOA. Click in and watched the impact in full 30x magnification right where the crosshairs meet. Wow. Can’t wait to see those ground squirrels that think they’ used to be out of my range. Just awesome toys for big boys.

OK I went out shooting with my new Strelok Pro all day even though it was bitter cold and only got up to 72 degrees today... :) The Strelok Pro makes it soooooo easy! Even on shots at 5 yards it works perfect and gives me the exact holdover point on the reticle. I am loving this so much I can't believe it. Forget about printing out a ballistics table from Chairgun because it will not be able to compensate for up or down degree of shooting angle and has never ever been even close to the accuracy of Strelok Pro. Yes I went ahead and spent the $12.00 for the Pro version and boy am I glad I did. All day I kept ranging things close and far& low and high and then putting the ranges + degrees of angle and WHAM! DEAD ON EVERYTIME! 

Here is what my Sightron STAC MOA-3 Reticle looks like set for 150 yards:

1545599759_8047831075c1ffb0f68aaa3.50313133_MOA 3, Sightron.png

...and here is what my Bushnell Prism Sight Reticle looks like set up for 150 yards:

1545599858_1392702235c1ffb7272f1b3.75205409_BTR-2, Bushnell.png

ANDROID LINKS in PlayStore:

Strelok Ballistic Calculator [free]: http://www.borisov.mobi/android/

Strelok + (5.50$): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.borisov.strelokplus

Strelok Pro (12$): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.borisov.strelokpro

I don't think that the airgun specific drag curve GA is available on the free and on the + version, only on the Pro version (but correct me on that, pls).

If we get more airgun users onto Strelok, maybe we can convince Boris (the developer) to get us a few functions that ChairGun (PC version) offers -- like calculation of BC using two different velocities. Or kinetic energy, by entering velocity and weight.

Another cool thing just below BC in this screen it says "gyroscopic stability factor" 

That factors in pellet/slug length, weight, diameter, speed and barrel twist rate to give you an idea if the projectile is stable.

1.0 is barely stable anything lower is unstable the higher the better, so far its been very helpful as to whether slugs of a certain length/weight/speed will be stable or not.

1545883426_7977873195c244f221c0b78.00689504_Screenshot_20181226-195352_Strelok Pro.jpg

Compare that to the 27gr NSA slug, more stable than the baracuda but both are stable to 200m

1545883632_9371720135c244ff05c8568.36967724_Screenshot_20181226-200615_Strelok Pro.jpg

Wow I just changed it on my Strelok Pro to GA! Thanks! I am just blown away by this program! For example, I have a big coconut tree in front of my porch that is just loaded with big coconuts at this time. So this afternoon I ranged one big clump of coconuts at 6 yards with an upward angle of 58 degrees... and hit calculate and BAM! it shows me a red dot on the reticle where to holdover exactly 7 mils! And it works perfect! Here is what it actually looks like... and I know someone is going to want to know what happens when I shoot a coconut with my Wildcat at 63 fpe so I will tell you now. These coconuts have a very thick fibrous outer husk and a hard inner nut that is filled with water. A 34 grain pellet at 915 ft/s punches a hole straight through and out the other side like it didn't even feel it! I think at close range you could drop a buffalo with this much power! Well maybe a small one... :)

1545883376_17120687825c244ef0b3a269.34010537_BTR-2, Bushnell (1).png

Oh I get it now... I didn't know you guys up there use the metric system... which got me to wondering which countries still do not use the metric system and the Google answer is... Burma, Liberia, and the United States. Are you kidding me!? I'm sure people in other countries wonder when or if the U.S. is ever going to give in and switch over to metric system.