Strelok or Chairgun

I have used both and Strelock Pro is a little harder to get the hang of but once done it is far more advanced. It seems to be upgraded regularly. Well worth the $12.00 . Chairgun is easier especially if you are never going to use anything but Hawke scopes. It was hard for me to change and I swore for about two weeks but now I would not go back. In fact I still had Chairgun on my phone several months later and went back to look and saw how big the difference was. Dumped it. Talk to (Centercut) for a really good rundown.

Agree with Nick (socaloldman). Strelok Pro is amazing, allows multiple BCs, and has about a thousand reticles that will match your scope exactly. And if its not on the app, just e-mail the author and he'll add it for you. Once you get the zero, pellet speed, scope height, and BC dialed in, its pretty darn exact even at longer distances. If you read Nick's "Terror in the Crosshair" story posted last week, I took a 99 yard shot with the Cricket mini Carbine at a ground squirrel lying under a pile of old telephone poles. We ranged it at 99 yards (Nick said 91 in his story). I looked at Strelok Pro for my set up (42 yard zero), scope at 15x, 14.5 MOA holdover. Bracketed the shoulder between 14 and 15 MOA, squeezed the trigger. Pellet hit exactly where I was aiming. Once you use Strelok after you have all variables set up, it gives you the confidence you need to pull off shots like that. Funny thing, and I told Nick afterwards - missing never even crossed my mind...

;)

I use Strelok + because I could not find any data for my Hatsan 125 TH Vortex .22 in terms of "Twist rate" and "Right or Left hand twist" (?) I wrote to Hatsan but nothing ...

Whatever...

I use Strelok + and I get the data from Strelok Pro and it gets.

I have Hawk's program but I'm using Strelok+. Strelok Pro has a lot of options, but I think someone is redundant with the air rifles.

Funny that this topic popped up again... I just switched last week to Streloc Pro.

One thing that screwed me up(my fault) when I selected my reticle, SWFA MRAD, I thought all my settings would change.... the default elevation and windage is MOA, I needed MIL ? Oops! I chased my tail before figuring it out.

I do miss the trajectory charts that Chairgun has. I'll send Igor a message asking if that's in the works.

Strelok pro has trajectory charts. They are in a spread sheet format instead of lines showing the drop. I prefer the spread sheet chart that tells me the actual number for the drop at the given range over the trajectory line in chairgun. You can email them and print them out.

@Kyler I thought the same thing about chairgun and the slider. Once I started using quality scopes on my airguns that allowed me to use click adjustment instead of holdover the slider became useless. Its much faster to have a dope card showing what the drop is at 5 or 10 yard intervals and just click in the drop. The magnification doesnt matter at that point and you dont have to fumble with a phone and slider. That takes to long when shooting pests or hunting. If you are just bench shooting time doesnt matter as much so it can be done. With my drop card I just range the target and reference the card for how many mils or moa to adjust and adjust the turret that many mils or moa. Super easy and much faster imho.

New to using software for ballistics and just got myself a wildcat compact. How important is it to put in values for "bullet length" for Strelok pro?
1533404687_14961933775b65e60f6a3347.55974187_Resized_20180804_092708_1067.jpeg

Strelok pro has some pellets in its database. You have to go into the tab where you select the bullet you want and the velocity. At the bottom of that page are multiple tabs to select from. Select the one that says cartridge database and you should see options for .177 air rifle thru .35 caliber air rifle. Select the caliber you are using and the pellet database opens.

I'd like to have SP on my phone and desktop computer. When you buy a copy is it only good for one device? I searched for SP for Windows and it showed a free download. I didn't try it because I'm a little leery of getting into a free download. Has anyone put it on there desktop and where did you download it from?

I found it in the App store on my Iphone and it shows to have a Family Sharing allowing up to six family member to use the app. Not sure if there's anyway to use that feature toward a desktop though.

jk

Hey Leland, I've always enjoyed Chairgun on the big screen. With all of its drop downs and info it's just easier to use. I also like being able to create scope tapes and range cards and print them out very easily. I might go ahead and get the phone app to use out on the range but I'd think it be great to have a PC versions as well. Hope your doing well..

Jimmy

I am well Jimmy and I hope all is good in your life! 

Ya I can see how it would be easier for doing some of those things. I never really made scope tapes once I started using the turrets and clicking in the amount of drop instead of using hold over points. The guy who made strelok is very open to suggestions and even adds more reticle options when people email him asking for the reticle to be added. Maybe contact him directly and see what he has to say about a computer version.

Well, I downloaded the SP to my phone, I see a little learning curve involved for sure. So different from CG, I'll have lots of questions I'm sure. For one what twist rate should one use for a Smooth Twist barrel? I'm just getting my feet wet and trying to figure out how to navigate through it and then how to get back where I was. It'll get easier I'm sure. So glad that it has the Sightron reticles in it since that's all I using now. If it didn't have that I'd probably just use CG.

JImmy