• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Strelok officially banned by US government!

Looks like strelok is officially banned by US government! Not sure when the app will be killed but at very least it won’t get updates. It is unfortunate for us but there are alternatives, none are as user friendly and feature rich but such is life.

@qball, I'm counting on you to follow-up with Igor and arrange some sort of "purchase" of Strelok.
And then you being the "owner", can continue on with this fine BC we all enjoy, along with an undisclosed "technician" to help with "updates" 😉
Keep us posted on your progress 😁

Patrick

• Haha
Reactions: qball
Reactions: Haganaga
You can pick up a BLU android phone for $19 at Dollar General, fail to activate or wifi link it, cross load the app to it via file transfer and it will work just fine. Not that I'd ever recommend such a thing... APK is a great app source for those that don't care for the all-seeing eye of the goog.

If you don't take an interest in politics, don't worry. Politics will take an interest in you.

J~

@dorcula , also the 'solid explorer' file manager app for Android will let you copy the APK application file to your SD card or USB storage flashdrive for safekeeping. Then you can reinstall it on any new device by temporarily allowing third party APK installation. I have done this with another app called tape machine that dropped off of the Play store that I still like.

Will Strelok (Pro) run on one of those android tablets? I happen to have $100.00 credit sitting in my Amazon account ( combined birthday and Christmas gifts from family ) that I think I may have just found something to spend it on. I just grabbed the apk extractor backup thing mentioned above and now have the .apk file sitting on my cell phone. Thinking maybe get one of these tablet things, move the apk to it and install it there - and then just never connect it to the network. This one is only $80.00. {shrug shoulders} What think?

Garmin for example have as well 3rd party app developers all across the platform, and it is - huge.
I know for sure my bike computers+lights+radar gets "unconventional" updates through github.
Unconventional meaning Garmin is not directly supporting - but allowing, and the 3rd party keeps developing, as long as I can remember at least 5-6 years back.

Will Strelok (Pro) run on one of those android tablets? I happen to have $100.00 credit sitting in my Amazon account ( combined birthday and Christmas gifts from family ) that I think I may have just found something to spend it on. I just grabbed the apk extractor backup thing mentioned above and now have the .apk file sitting on my cell phone. Thinking maybe get one of these tablet things, move the apk to it and install it there - and then just never connect it to the network. This one is only $80.00. {shrug shoulders} What think?

Yes but someone said it’s no longer in the Google store, but you can usually find installation files.

Reactions: jdanvers
They have been censoring the internet via google, facebook, yahoo, twitter etc for a while now. It was the only way for them to do so without challenges in courts, except, it was also illegal as well. I won't speculate on the next steps but suspect (which is speculation) it will include a global conflict. See how I did that?

While I agree with what you said but it is not related and drifting into politics. This thread is here to help folks with ideas and alternatives to Strelok as the sanction unfold, and NOT get bogged down in politics everyone will disagree.

Last edited:
Reactions: Revoman