Tuning Streloc Pro - Drag function

bigHUN

Jan 16, 2020
L4G7X4 Canada
I am testing projectiles with two of my airguns, the Impact MK2 in .25 also the Leshiy2 both the .22 and .25.

Collected a lot of profiles lately (usually copy's and swap projectile details only), and just realized I lost a track with the "drag functions".

Read it long time ago and I cannot remember anymore is that suppose be a G1 or some other GA, but looks like I mix it up in some profiles along the line...

Anybody can chime in?

I love the Strelok app and use it often. I use the GA function for all projectiles and it works very well. When I tune my gun I plug the info into strelok and set the app to make a table or chart with 5 yard increments that show moa adjustment and number of clicks. Then I email it to myself from my phone and head to the computer. Pop that puppy in excel and print out a micro dope chart that I usually stick inside my scope cap or simply tape to the stock of the gun. I write what the chart is for on the back. Example: jsb 25.39gr 885fps athlon scope 0@35yrds. Also I use clear packing tape to seal the paper so it doesn’t get messed up. I’ve yet to reuse the same chart twice but they hold up well until I make another. 
2BBCDD33-F239-44CA-A0C6-6C918A6BF179.1649493266.jpeg

For pellets: GA drag function

For airfun slugs: G1 (some use RA4)

Ballisticboy (professional ballistician Miles Morris over at GTA forum) has been working on a new drag function specific for airgun slugs. It's available on GPC:

GPC Ballistics Applications

A full suite, for Windows, Android, iOS, Linux

https://GPC.fotosoft.co.uk/Home.html

Matthias

For pellets: GA drag function

For airfun slugs: G1 (some use RA4)

Matthias

Brainfart....this must have make sense when I made the projectile profiles last Nov-Dec, but after this long winter I lost the details why I am seeing "random" G1 and-or GA...

This what my brain cells missed to remember...and don't ask me please to call my wife's cell # that is Samsung job to remember.

Thanks Matthias

Edit: The Rainbow Mountain is still closed to a public? Since my highschool days back in mid 70's I could'nt afford to visit but I managed in late 2018 my wife and older boy walked up on foot, to the tip, just before your government closed the route claiming aggressive erosion from tourists boots.

Attila,

when I read your post I was going to respond telling you about my most recent brainfart.

Then I forgot what it was. Does that count as double brainfart?

Peru's Rainbow Moutain? You've taken your family up there? Congrats, you've seen more of Peru than I have (and I moved here 25 years ago...)! 🤣

Don't know, but tourism is just opening up again after the pandemic, so yeah, I'd love to go up there some time — the photos I've seen sure look spectacular.

Matthias