• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Streamline or Royale?

I'm getting closer to my next AG purchase and I'm looking at FX. I mainly bench shoot at 50 and 75yds but don't want to be limited to just that. My purchase dilemma is this: 
- Streamline w/walnut and nice optics.
- Royale w/synthetic stock and use a Leapers I already have.
- I also can't help but keep eyeing up the Wildcat.
Streamline vs Royale. I don't plan to do any competitive shooting but accuracy is #1. I would like a nice looking stock but function is more important to me than form. Also, if I go with the Royale, it will be quite some time before I can even think about nice glass for it. I know this is subjective but is the $500 difference between the two worth it?
The Wildcat, ahhh the Wildcat.....
This rifle just screams "shoot me"! My logical side says "you 95% shoot bench, you don't want a bullpup". The devil on my shoulder whispers something quite different in my other ear.

thats the one thing that sux about air guns,, is most of us are not lucky enough to live close to a air gun store,, so we buy on others opinions which ussually works,,, but i know all of us would prefer to hold it,, look at it,,, whatever,, taste it ...smell it...get a good sense if its quality or crap,,thats another reason the guys here at agn are important to each other is the help one another passes on ,,,i got the wildcat and man its nice pat good luck

Power adjuster is not a major selling point for me. I am curious to know if there is an accuracy difference between the Streamline and the Royale. I have also noticed that there seems to be quite a few more "refurbished" Streamlines available than Royales. The Royale line has been around for some time and should have all of the bugs worked out. The Streamline is fairly new but the price surely sold quite a few more of them and thus a comparable number of them (by percentage) as refurbs?

"Rodeo"Power adjuster is not a major selling point for me. I am curious to know if there is an accuracy difference between the Streamline and the Royale. I have also noticed that there seems to be quite a few more "refurbished" Streamlines available than Royales. The Royale line has been around for some time and should have all of the bugs worked out. The Streamline is fairly new but the price surely sold quite a few more of them and thus a comparable number of them (by percentage) as refurbs?

​If I remember correctly bought my Royale about a decade ago. The only thing I have done is replaced the breech o ring twice. If they still make em like this one, probably the most trouble free rifle made. 

2781cb01f5efb82f85ab80aea3c8c4f5.jpg
My FX Royale Competition Model. 22 cal.

Rodeo. Have not owned a Royale, but have shot them. Great gun. currently own a couple of Wildcats and sold my Streamline. The Streamline for me was just not my cup of tea. It was a really nice gun, light, damned accurate but was just to long. If I'm not mistaken the barrel on the Royale and Streamline are the same. Now the Wildcat is a different animal being a bullpup. As far as accuracy goes, all the FX guns I have and have owned are the same. Just damned accurate and that extends to my Crown. If the Crown with the X-barrel is more accurate then my smooth twist barrels the margin is so small that it exceeds my ability as a shooter. Back to the Wildcat. It is by far my most favorite gun of the too many airguns I own. It just fits me and is comfortable to shoot hanging out the window of my truck, to the bench at EBR. As far as shooting on the bench, my 22 Wildcat shot 26th? in the 25m at EBR this last year. Would have shot the 25 Wildcat in the 100m, but shot my Boss instead. If the Wildcat is pulling at your desires you might consider picking up a used one that people are selling because the new model has come out. It will be less $ and you really can't go wrong. If later you decide it's not for you, you should be able to resell it for what you paid. Good luck. sylvan

Thanks Sylvan,
Your experience with the different models is just the kind of input I was hoping to get. Everyone has been very helpful and I really appreciate the advise. Sylvan, I do have to say that your Wildcat did not place 26 (?) at EBR - YOU have that honour sir. Your Wildcat was the tool that helped you achieve it. Congratulations on some fine shooting.
Does anyone know if the new smoothtwist X barrels on the MKII Wildcats can be swapped between calibers like on the Crown?