• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Streamline liners?

Hey friends I bought a streamline off the classifieds a few weeks ago as my first FX. After reading through the years of the cult following the royal series has, when this one popped up I snagged it. It’s my first higher end gun and I’m very impressed. It’s sleek, light, accurate, ergonomic and has an amazing trigger. Dare I say it’s probably the best squirrel killing device I’ve ever held.

My question is with liners. I don’t know much about tinkering with the fx guns and there’s not much on here about the streamline. If I wanted a more slug friendly liner can I just purchase one in the correct length and install it? I don’t know about compatibility of parts with the old streamline. I’m not even sure they used liners then, I think they did though. Guess I need to take him apart soon and get more familiar with the platform.

Thanks
Beau

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
IMG_3520.jpeg

Forgot the photo.

The Dreamline barrel system can be fitted to a Streamline with a few minutes on a lathe.
Just a little off the breech end and Bob's your Uncle.
Well dang I was hoping it would be easier than that, maybe one day I’ll have a little work done on him. I don’t do much slug shooting anyway, but if it was as easy as getting a slug liner and dropping it in I’d play around with it. The rifle really is perfect the way it is. I’ve never watched a pellet arch as pretty as this one. They usually start to go off path at longer ranges from my other guns. This one has just a perfect lob until it hits the ground.

Well dang I was hoping it would be easier than that, maybe one day I’ll have a little work done on him. I don’t do much slug shooting anyway, but if it was as easy as getting a slug liner and dropping it in I’d play around with it. The rifle really is perfect the way it is. I’ve never watched a pellet arch as pretty as this one. They usually start to go off path at longer ranges from my other guns. This one has just a perfect lob until it hits the ground.
I'm hoping some dreamlines will show up for cheap soon, since the DRS has dropped.

Reactions: Dairyboy
I'll get some pictures of the Streamline and Dreamline barrels side by side.
(I just happen to have them off)
It's a very small amount of brass that needs removed to shorten the Dreamline part.
One could do it with a drill press and a file probably.
Oh I thought you meant the streamline action needed shortened to fit the dreamline barrels. Yeah that would be great, I have zero problems modifying a barrel to fit the gun. Thank you!

I love the air arms guns, that’s what I wanted when I was a kid. But reading about how hard they are to work on and tune kinda throws me off. I know they’re great and may own one someday but I like tinkering to much. May buy my dad one when my ship comes in lol. All he cares about is it hitting where he aims, he’s been shooting the same old marauder at whatever tune I put on it for years now!