• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

streamline/dreamline

I had a shooting buddy call me and ask if I would buy his FX,its a 25 cal FX.i told him yes after he told me price thinking it was a dreamline.well he brought it over and it was nice and new as he stated but it was not the dreamline it was a streamline.i went ahead and bought it anyway.i had my sights set on the newer dreamline but some things are not to be.i didn't spend too much on it and have not shot it yet.i know it a fine rifle and will shoot good for me.i sure there is a drop off between the two but it cant be much.all I want to do is hunt squirrels with it so it should be alright for me...only problem now is I still want the dreamline.

Sometimes simpler is better. I recently bought an FX Royale 400, old school, with original Smooth Twist barrel. I was a little disappointed in the factory regulator, sent it back for evaluation. Meanwhile, I installed a Huma reg, and it's working great. The rifle is extremely accurate. No extra bells and whistles, but I don't need them on a plinking/hunting rifle. 

My son has a Streamline and loves it. The other day I asked if he wanted to sell it and upgrade to a RAW and he said no. I wish I were more like him and wasn’t always after the newest greatest gun. He really likes it, shoots it well, so in his mind, why switch. It’s a very accurate and quiet gun. I think you’ll be very happy with it! 

Stoti

I have a Streamline in 25 cal. It is a tack-driver and super quiet with the FX stackable moderator on it. I have harvested many a squirrel without alerting the other squirrels nearby. Yes, she is a little long for walking in the woods, but that is the only negative about her. I can't ever see her leaving my arsenal of go-to rifles. I think you will be just as satisfied with yours. Have fun with it!

James

I own both a Streamline and a Dreamline (bullpup version) both in .22. There is no accuracy difference between them. The main reason for purchasing the Dreamline was that I thought it to be cool to own basically a Streamline in a shorter compact package. The performance is the same even with the differences in adjustability. 95% of the time both airguns run full throttle or on max power output settings. Although both can be easily and externally powered down with a turn of a knob.

If comparing the Streamline to the Dreamline Classic in that configuration, the only differences would be the Smooth Twist X System, the AMP regulator, new magazine capacity and cocking length, and cheek rest height.

I must add though, coming down the FX pipeline for the Dreamline platform will be a lot of modular parts that will enable a willing Dreamline owner to change there rig up in many ways.

Whether you got it cheap or not, Streamline isn’t what you really wanted. That right there is a big no no for me. That will eat me up day in and day out until I devise a plan to sell the Streamline and get Dreamline. Happened many times in different hobbies I had in the past. I hope you are not like me, and waste time and money backtracking my poor decisions.