• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Strange FEDEX visit

I dont have anything coming fedex currently/recently, so cant talk about them really. Although for the OP, that sounds like they had a delivery scheduled in their GPS/computer and didnt have it on the truck. The two people are because they have hired holiday help right now, one driver and one runner which makes it faster and less stressful on the driver. 

I have 6 packages coming now from USPS, all are delayed. Two are 12 days late from their original delivery date now. They all have not been updated in 4-6 days and just say "in transit- arriving late. Delivery date unknown". Two are priority 2 day from the next state over and they are 8 days late. 

Also I'd like to add that I will NEVER blame a delivery person or mail person for my packages being late. They didn't do it, they just deliver what gets put on their truck.. That's like blaming a server for your steak being overcooked.

NOW, I will say we have a TERRIBLE fedex guy here (I say guy because it is a guy...). And I mean TERRIBLE. I think 8 out of 10 of my packages get delivered to the wrong address, and I always get packages that were meant for 2-3 streets over. They always go through the system nice and fast, then get mis-delivered. 

Same for UPS lately, but I just blame seasonal help because it doesnt look like the normal guy. A couple weeks ago I looked at the porch and there was 5 boxes sitting there from UPS...I'm like I didn't have anything coming... Looked at the boxes and they were for THREE different addresses, nearest one 2 blocks away. I really didn't want to deal with it as one looked like it was an expensive item, so I called the number on the label. The UPS person said I have two options, drive them to the nearest hub and drop them off or go deliver them myself. I was like WHAAAAT?? Im not wasting my time and money doing either one of those, they'll be on the porch tomorrow during the delivery hours and you send someone to get them. She said "I cant do that, you are responsible for them now since they are in your possession". I said "no, they are going to be where your driver left them and if they get stolen or just ignored forever, that's your problem". A UPS driver picked them up the next day. 

I guess being optimistic, we can look at it like a new hobby. I have to be home to sign for it so like a detective, I have to track it daily and change my plans every time the delivery date changes. But also have to allow for if it arrives a day early or a day late. Exciting stuff. But on the flip side I’m sure that the guy who can only afford a Walmart spring gun is looking at this and thinking awe you poor thing, your gun that costs as much as a cheap car is delayed. How sad. My heart goes out to you and your life changing issues. Sometimes we are spoiled and pathetic.

It's totally wrong to expect to get what you paid for. Why should the shipper be expected to keep their side of the contract. It's our fault that they took our money knowing they hadn't hired enough help to deliver on time. We should all pay double and grovel at the delivery person's feet for even doing business with us pee ons. We should also give more money to the unemployed because there is absolutely no work to be done.

Some of you guys would've adapted well to Soviet Russia or Cuba today.
nut1.1607805345.gif

It's totally wrong to expect to get what you paid for. Why should the shipper be expected to keep their side of the contract. It's our fault that they took our money knowing they hadn't hired enough help to deliver on time. We should all pay double and grovel at the delivery person's feet for even doing business with us pee ons. We should also give more money to the unemployed because there is absolutely no work to be done.

Some of you guys would've adapted well to Soviet Russia or Cuba today.
nut1.1607805345.gif

Agree in principle but the current pandemic situation has impacted everything and probably has a lot to do with all of this.

Why hold them responsible for anything? If the carrier damages or loses your $3000 gun they shouldn't be held responsible because they want to increase profits by overloading their system. The carrier/shipper is so much more important than anyone else so they should be totally exempt from any sort of liability. Then there's that covid thing that doctors and scientists all over the world say is almost as deadly as the common flu so everyone should be entitled to stay at home and draw 75% of their normal pay plus an extra $600 per week from the taxes that our grandchildren will be paying.

Believe me, I worked a couple of months part time for a package carrier once so I'm an expert on all things shipping.

Why hold them responsible for anything? If the carrier damages or loses your $3000 gun they shouldn't be held responsible because they want to increase profits by overloading their system. The carrier/shipper is so much more important than anyone else so they should be totally exempt from any sort of liability. Then there's that covid thing that doctors and scientists all over the world say is almost as deadly as the common flu so everyone should be entitled to stay at home and draw 75% of their normal pay plus an extra $600 per week from the taxes that our grandchildren will be paying.

Believe me, I worked a couple of months part time for a package carrier once so I'm an expert on all things shipping.

Stayed in a Holiday Inn too?