Strange ad on Fleabay - Beeman R1 “new”

92C22E10-E7C2-4B29-96B1-61901A2FC840.jpeg
E95A2F22-021E-4DB7-8610-5672F6684277.jpeg
F5F1C3E4-D015-4AE5-A6F7-4770E95ADF09.jpeg
14DEC91F-7DDC-414B-9E70-538FCD23FA36.jpeg

Strange for a few reasons, #1 the description as “New”, #2 the need to message seller to go over a few things before buying (almost as if full disclosure of details/condition was not given in ad but will be given in private) and #3 the price. But hey, that’s Fleabay for ya!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3853295142...jkqL%2Ba0gLc4A%3D%3D|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2332490

Reactions: 450BM
Belongs to a member here. I wonder if this is his auction or a scammer?

He doesn't mention in the thread about selling it, that I recall.

Reactions: Heathrow
I saw that one. He has instructions in his ad to contact him before bidding and he would make you a better price. Sounded like some kind of scam to me. I looked at his other items and they have the same kind of instructions. On top of that, the scope is nothing special and has zero value in my eyes. The stock appears to be a refinish as it is too shiny. I am always on the lookout for old Beeman guns and I have four R1’s, but I wouldn’t ever pay that kind of money for one that was just a run of the mill gun. You might have something of that kind of value if it was a Laser or the All-weather or something rare, but that is just an R1…

Belongs to a member here. I wonder if this is his auction or a scammer?

He doesn't mention in the thread about selling it, that I recall.
Hey that’s Mustafa’s gun that he just got!!

I know he’s always requesting broken or fix Em up springers in the classifieds

Reactions: maxtrouble
I’m old school (and getting older, lol), for me New is New. Like NIB or NOS. A scoped and “tuned” rifle that has been shot ain’t new in any part of the universe. And the universe is pretty big, I hear 🤔🤣
Well afaik... Utah airguns doesn't let a gun out of their building without being inspected and shot.

Reactions: Ingwe
Let’s see here.

This is how much I payed for the gun
+
This is how much I paid for the scope and mount
+
This is how much I paid for the tuning kit
+
This is how much I paid for the bottle of True Oil
+
This is how much all the tins of pellets I shot cost
=
This is how much the gun is worth

For Sale: $1,079.99
So if I put 5000 tins of pellets through my 760?🧐🤪

Still trying to figure out how guys come up with their used airgun prices. I can only guess how they arrive at the prices they post.
I would do so like a car? List mods, maintenance, mileage etc. The more you mod/mileage the less it's worth technically yea? Unless you have a buyer wanting exactly what you got thennnnn you can haggle a bit more bc they wantttt it🤷‍♂️🤙