Tuning Strange 30 cal Maverick fill problem

I just got my 30 cal Maverick sniper and have a strange problem filling it. No mater what I do, it will only show 210 bar. I have over 250 bar in the scba tank but the gun will only take 210. I figured it was a bad gauge so I replaced it but the new one reads the same. I have an Impact and the gauge on it reads about the same as the liquid filled gauge on the big bottle so I'm pretty sure the tank gauge is right. What in the heck could restrict the fill pressure?? 2 bad gauges??? Maybe I'll pull the gauge off the impact and try that. Could the fill port or the bottle cause this? I'm stumped..

I just got my 30 cal Maverick sniper and have a strange problem filling it. No mater what I do, it will only show 210 bar. I have over 250 bar in the scba tank but the gun will only take 210. I figured it was a bad gauge so I replaced it but the new one reads the same. I have an Impact and the gauge on it reads about the same as the liquid filled gauge on the big bottle so I'm pretty sure the tank gauge is right. What in the heck could restrict the fill pressure?? 2 bad gauges??? Maybe I'll pull the gauge off the impact and try that. Could the fill port or the bottle cause this? I'm stumped..

Hi James, 

If you still need further assistance trying to fill your Maverick give our technician department a call or email. On a quick note have you tried to use a different bottle?

Regards, 

FX Airguns USA 

Contact 

Monday - Thursday 9 AM - 4 PM EST
Fridays 9 AM - 3 PM EST
Phone: +1 866 639 0772
[email protected]

I think I found my problem, 2 bad gauges. Utah Airguns were nice enough to send me a new gauge but it reads the same as the other. both way off. I put the one off my Impact and it was still 10 bar off but much closer than the others. I'm ready to just buy one for my new Maverick but how do I know I'll get a accurate one? Are they any gauges that are accurate? Utah has a digital one for 60 bucks, Has anyone tried one?? Thanks, guys, Larry