Stormrider or Icon?

As I mentioned to you earlier, I have a Beeman Commander in 22 which shares a lot of parts with the Stormrider. Also shares parts with the Barra 1100z, which I haven't tried, but seems to be getting some pretty good reviews. Not regulated, but something to look at if you haven't seen it yet. This has a sidelever and a couple nicer features compared to the other similar cheap PCPs.

Reactions: Dogowsky
As I mentioned to you earlier, I have a Beeman Commander in 22 which shares a lot of parts with the Stormrider. Also shares parts with the Barra 1100z, which I haven't tried, but seems to be getting some pretty good reviews. Not regulated, but something to look at if you haven't seen it yet. This has a sidelever and a couple nicer features compared to the other similar cheap PCPs.

If I was going to buy another pcp under 300 I would get a Gamo Urban. Its well made, very accurate even with the cheap crosman pellets

If I was going to buy another pcp under 300 I would get a Gamo Urban. Its well made, very accurate even with the cheap crosman pellets
I love my urban great little gun it's a tack driver out to 50-60 yards with just about any ammo, really wish they made a .177 in model that was as cheap as the urban. There's a bsa buccaneer in the classifieds for a decent price. Wes has the cr600w/stormrider hybrid that's looks pretty Interesting and it's a good deal for what your getting. Have him tune it for power and or shoot count.

I love my urban great little gun it's a tack driver out to 50-60 yards with just about any ammo, really wish they made a .177 in model that was as cheap as the urban. There's a bsa buccaneer in the classifieds for a decent price. Wes has the cr600w/stormrider hybrid that's looks pretty Interesting and it's a good deal for what your getting. Have him tune it for power and or shoot count.
+1 on Wes. I bought a regulated .25 Stormrider from him that's probably the most efficient pcp I own. I'm getting almost 30 really consistent shots at 22 fpe from that tiny tube.

+1 on Wes. I bought a regulated .25 Stormrider from him that's probably the most efficient pcp I own. I'm getting almost 30 really consistent shots at 22 fpe from that tiny tube.
Diana stormrider aka pr900w
Is a wolf in sheeps clothing and laser beam accurate with a modest shot count gen1 /not shot regulated version but if as good as first you wont be disappointed for the money.
6lb unscoped or there abouts so very luggable and short length

Diana stormrider aka pr900w
Is a wolf in sheeps clothing and laser beam accurate with a modest shot count gen1 /not shot regulated version but if as good as first you wont be disappointed for the money.
6lb unscoped or there abouts so very luggable and short length
They are definitely underrated in my opinion. I have a Gen2 .177 that was putting out over 21 fpe with 10 grain pellets. I got 8 consistent shots at that power level. I have a regulator in it now and I'm getting almost 50 shots at 13 fpe. Accuracy is fantastic in both configurations.

They are definitely underrated in my opinion. I have a Gen2 .177 that was putting out over 21 fpe with 10 grain pellets. I got 8 consistent shots at that power level. I have a regulator in it now and I'm getting almost 50 shots at 13 fpe. Accuracy is fantastic in both configurations.
The 22 version is accurate so god knows what 177 is likel you must be able to shoot Nats eyes out lol.
I had mine 48hrs and my mate clapped his eyes on it and begged me to sell it him" which I did.
In the years he's owned it I think its had a new oring in the fill port housing .
So they are reliable and very easy to work on.
Shame about magazine size but you cant have it all on a budget gun.
Ideal first gun for anybody in my humble opinion.

The 22 version is accurate so god knows what 177 is likel you must be able to shoot Nats eyes out lol.
I had mine 48hrs and my mate clapped his eyes on it and begged me to sell it him" which I did.
In the years he's owned it I think its had a new oring in the fill port housing .
So they are reliable and very easy to work on.
Shame about magazine size but you cant have it all on a budget gun.
Ideal first gun for anybody in my humble opinion.
I've shot my .177 at 100 yards a lot. I've got a a stack of targets with sub 2 inch groups and my best is 1.25 inches. I used it for chippers last year shooting supersonic wadcutters. That made a devastating combo.

I've shot my .177 at 100 yards a lot. I've got a a stack of targets with sub 2 inch groups and my best is 1.25 inches. I used it for chippers last year shooting supersonic wadcutters. That made a devastating combo.
Hi
Thing is you tell people that and they look at you like your lying.
I very much believe what you say
Spa / snowpeak/ Artemis are basically same shop.
Very very underated guns and extremely accurate from a simple platform" no windage calculator or computer aided setup that puts the pellet in the hole for you.
The 22 version shoots slugs I don't know if you've tried them in 177

Hi
Thing is you tell people that and they look at you like your lying.
I very much believe what you say
Spa / snowpeak/ Artemis are basically same shop.
Very very underated guns and extremely accurate from a simple platform" no windage calculator or computer aided setup that puts the pellet in the hole for you.
The 22 version shoots slugs I don't know if you've tried them in 177
I could care less if people think I'm lying. I have plenty of posts on GTA documenting my experiences with this rifle. Those that know me from there can back me up. Cheaper pcps are capable of great accuracy once you spend some time getting to know them.

Both my .177 Stormrider and my Bullshark love 10.03 Knockouts.

I could care less if people think I'm lying. I have plenty of posts on GTA documenting my experiences with this rifle. Those that know me from there can back me up. Cheaper pcps are capable of great accuracy once you spend some time getting to know them.

Both my .177 Stormrider and my Bullshark love 10.03 Knockouts.
Hi EdinGa
Fair play to you
Look at the artemis m16a and the group's that thing is putting out .
I do regret selling mine and they have gone up from 200 to nearly 300 pounds
So that says something.
Like you say you need to learn how to shoot them and get the best from them.
I'm not surprised diana used it as the stormrider.
If I ever do get another theres no way I'd sell it .
Take a look st m16a if you haven't already I think that's another one for the gun rack.
Keep up the good work for the underdog and god bless you

Hi EdinGa
Fair play to you
Look at the artemis m16a and the group's that thing is putting out .
I do regret selling mine and they have gone up from 200 to nearly 300 pounds
So that says something.
Like you say you need to learn how to shoot them and get the best from them.
I'm not surprised diana used it as the stormrider.
If I ever do get another theres no way I'd sell it .
Take a look st m16a if you haven't already I think that's another one for the gun rack.
Keep up the good work for the underdog and god bless you
I was really close to buying the M16a when the Stoeger Bullshark (SPA p35) came out. I really liked the shorter length and lighter weight. It has been a good decision so far. My Bullshark is the most accurate and quietest pcp I own to date. I'm really impressed with it so far.

The Bullshark was my 12th pcp and 6 of them are Artemis/SPA guns. I just purchased a Walther Reign UXT in .22 to make it 13. I had a specific need for a 40 fpe rifle to shoot my cast 28.5 gr slugs.

I thank you for your kind words and understanding. I just don't have the budget or the patience to buy or save for a high priced pcp so I try to get the most performance I can from the budget guns I own.

My Storm rider isn't accurate at all. I've tried everything to get it to shoot a decent group. You name it and I've tried it. Its got to be a bad barrel. Using a carbon fiber rod I can push a pellet down the bore with my pinkie finger easily. If I just wanted to shoot cans up to 30 yds. I could probably hit them most of the time but I like shooting at 1/2" or smaller dots at that distance. Maybe some day I'll get another barrel.

• Sad
Reactions: Blankshot17
My Storm rider isn't accurate at all. I've tried everything to get it to shoot a decent group. You name it and I've tried it. Its got to be a bad barrel. Using a carbon fiber rod I can push a pellet down the bore with my pinkie finger easily. If I just wanted to shoot cans up to 30 yds. I could probably hit them most of the time but I like shooting at 1/2" or smaller dots at that distance. Maybe some day I'll get another barrel.
Contact Wes at Airgun Archery Fun. He can probably help you with a new barrel.

I was really close to buying the M16a when the Stoeger Bullshark (SPA p35) came out. I really liked the shorter length and lighter weight. It has been a good decision so far. My Bullshark is the most accurate and quietest pcp I own to date. I'm really impressed with it so far.

The Bullshark was my 12th pcp and 6 of them are Artemis/SPA guns. I just purchased a Walther Reign UXT in .22 to make it 13. I had a specific need for a 40 fpe rifle to shoot my cast 28.5 gr slugs.

I thank you for your kind words and understanding. I just don't have the budget or the patience to buy or save for a high priced pcp so I try to get the most performance I can from the budget guns I own.
No problem
A man after my own heart
I would polish something up and make it my own.
Spa/Artemis are a good base to work from.
And to shoot your own slugs just puts the cherry on the top.
I cast and swage my own also.
It proves you don't need to spend a bucket load of money to enjoy shooting
Take care bud and keep it up

I have use scotchbrite very fine as the patch with ballistol or wd40 to polish the internal of the barrel and it made a big difference in 2 of the gun barrel i have that was finicky with pellet.