Stormrider or Icon?

My Storm rider isn't accurate at all. I've tried everything to get it to shoot a decent group. You name it and I've tried it. Its got to be a bad barrel. Using a carbon fiber rod I can push a pellet down the bore with my pinkie finger easily. If I just wanted to shoot cans up to 30 yds. I could probably hit them most of the time but I like shooting at 1/2" or smaller dots at that distance. Maybe some day I'll get another barrel.
Have you check the crown, lead and barrel ports? Those would be the first place to start and any one of those would affect accuracy combined they can destroy accuracy. Fill a bucket full of water and shoot a few pellets into it then check those for the rifling marks to see if they are uniform.

Reactions: Dogowsky
Have you check the crown, lead and barrel ports? Those would be the first place to start and any one of those would affect accuracy combined they can destroy accuracy. Fill a bucket full of water and shoot a few pellets into it then check those for the rifling marks to see if they are uniform.
The only thing in your list I haven't done is I haven't shot into water. I checked and dressed the crown and shot the same. After I said to my self I don't care anymore I cut about 3/8" off barrel and recrowned it. It seemed to maybe be a little better but I wouldn't bet on it

The only thing in your list I haven't done is I haven't shot into water. I checked and dressed the crown and shot the same. After I said to my self I don't care anymore I cut about 3/8" off barrel and recrowned it. It seemed to maybe be a little better but I wouldn't bet on it
Ya you may have just gotten a bad barrel it happens, contact wes at airgunarcheryfun.ca and see if he has any laying around. Probably cost about 30 bucks or so for a new barrel.

My Storm rider isn't accurate at all. I've tried everything to get it to shoot a decent group. You name it and I've tried it. Its got to be a bad barrel. Using a carbon fiber rod I can push a pellet down the bore with my pinkie finger easily. If I just wanted to shoot cans up to 30 yds. I could probably hit them most of the time but I like shooting at 1/2" or smaller dots at that distance. Maybe some day I'll get another barrel.
I have a crosman barrel just like that
You could blow the pellet down the barrel like a pea shooter but it still shoots well accurate.
What does it shoot like just using single shot tray.
Check magazine not damaging pellets on loading
Remove moderator or silencer
Try extra barrel band
Chronograph it see if velocity fluctuates.
Try polishing barrel lightly if any of above not the problem
I would still say its worth the extra money if you do need a new barrel as the gun is under priced to start with.
Once you get it right you won't be disappointed

Last edited:
I have a crosman barrel just like that
You could blow the pellet down the barrel like a pea shooter but it still shoots well accurate.
What does it shoot like just using single shot tray.
Check magazine not damaging pellets on loading
Remove moderator or silencer
Try extra barrel band
Chronograph it see if velocity fluctuates.
Try polishing barrel lightly if any of above not the problem
I would still say its worth the extra money if you do need a new barrel as the gun is under priced to start with.
Once you get it right you won't be disappointed
I always use the single shot tray.I took silencer off no change.Its got 2 barrel bands. Velocity is right for a non regulated gun. I've polished bore, run a brass brush down it and still no change. I got a new hammer spring from Blue Line and cut coils off the old one to slow the pellet down thinking maybe if I slowed it down accuracy might improve but nope it didn't help. If I shoot anything other then H&N Barracuda 21gr. It really gets terrible. I guess I'll get a new barrel from air gun archery if they get more

I always use the single shot tray.I took silencer off no change.Its got 2 barrel bands. Velocity is right for a non regulated gun. I've polished bore, run a brass brush down it and still no change. I got a new hammer spring from Blue Line and cut coils off the old one to slow the pellet down thinking maybe if I slowed it down accuracy might improve but nope it didn't help. If I shoot anything other then H&N Barracuda 21gr. It really gets terrible. I guess I'll get a new barrel from air gun archery if they get more
Bjesus
It's a shame you got a bad one as it tends to put people off buying that brand again .
Stick with it and get a new barrel it will come good for you eventually

Reactions: Shaky2
After sending some emails I might have found a place to get a new barrel. He said he thought he had one but would check and let me know
Hi bud
Hopefully they have one for you.
Sounds like you went above and beyond with your old barrel.
I'm not sure if diana chaser or cp1- co2 barrel are the same.
Maybe worth a look.
Like I said dont give up on it even if you have to wait a while to find one.
They are usually bullet proof other than the odd oring problem which is easily sorted.
They used to sell here in uk under £200 then people caught on how good they were and price shot up" so that tells you something.
Let us know how you get on if possible

Hi bud
Hopefully they have one for you.
Sounds like you went above and beyond with your old barrel.
I'm not sure if diana chaser or cp1- co2 barrel are the same.
Maybe worth a look.
Like I said dont give up on it even if you have to wait a while to find one.
They are usually bullet proof other than the odd oring problem which is easily sorted.
They used to sell here in uk under £200 then people caught on how good they were and price shot up" so that tells you something.
Let us know how you get on if possible
The chaser barrel will go right on it but its shorter. Maybe I'll hear from the guy today and hopefully he doesn't think he's selling gold

I just received my Crossman Icon in 22 caliber last week. Installed a barrel band from Buck-Rail and cleaned the barrel, installed the scope, filled with air and sighted it in and shot a half inch one hole group. It must be an anomaly or something as it's one of my most accurate rifles out to 25 yards. I bought it from Crossman during the Christmas sale for $129.00 with free shipping and free extra mag. Now the price as of last Monday is back up around $270.00. Check out the first group I shot below. I've run 100 rounds of JTS 18 grain pellets thru it since and it's still giving me the same accuracy. It's my new favorite rifle and I am having a blast with it! Surprising results for sure.

IMG_20231218_171904.jpg

Reactions: Danoh
Hi dogowsky
when I got the 2250 I didn't expect alot either" but it printed tight groups.
And then the hpa versions like avs shooting 50yrds and beyond showed for a cheap gun it had an half decent barrel.
Looks like the icon Carrie's the same trait.
Just goes to show you dont need too spend a fortune to enjoy your shooting
Hopefully it puts a smile on your face for years to come 👍😁

I have 2 that are regulated. My .177 has an Alatros regulator that I installed. My .25 was built by Wes and has an SPA regulator. The .177 gets 30 shots per fill at 16 fpe and the .25 gets 28 shots per fill at 21 fpe. Both are dead nuts accurate.
I need to update this information. I turned the reg in my .177 Stormrider down to 100 bar and installed a free flight hammer and I'm getting 48 shots per fill at 13 fpe now.

Reactions: Blankshot17
Hi dogowsky
And then the hpa versions like avs shooting 50yrds and beyond showed for a cheap gun it had an half decent barrel.
Oh,man. It's getting more trigger time than my Avenger or Gauntlet. Weather has been lousy here so I've been couped up to long. Snows melting off so hopefully this weekend will bring out the sun and the gun, lol. Happy New Year!

I picked up the Stormrider Gen 1 a few years ago. After a few shots, the bolt broke off. However, I rebuilt the bolt added a Huma regulator, and installed a super sear on the trigger. 22 caliber and I get at least 30 good shots. The shot string is much better with the regulator and the trigger feals like a match grade pull. I love this gun now.

Hi dogowsky
I'm grinning Everytime I shoot it! Great rifle on the cheap.