• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Storing my pcp benj bulldog pressurized?

Hi. Newb here with a newbish question (please bear with me)

I Recently picked up a Benjamin bulldog 357 from amazon. It was a package deal with the real camo, scope, travel bag, bipod, sling etc I'm impressed so far.

I Picked up a hand pump as well but I'll be getting a tank because that was a helluva workout. 

But my question is basically, can I (or should i) keep it stored pressurized? It came out the box at 1k psi, filled it to 3 k. After testing it in the yard, it's around 2k now. Can I safely store it for a couple months at 2k or even 3k if I want without risking damage or issues?

I apologize if this question is redundant and I'm sure it's been asked ad nauseam. I tried to look for the answer but no luck.

Thanks in advance. Much appreciated.

Welcome to the addiction/madness/dark side! Yes,, PCP rifles are meant to be stored with pressure in them.In fact, many here will swear that their rifle developed a leak after letting all the air out, then airing them back up later. You're right about the hand pump being a workout. Some love it, some hate it enough to spend a lot of money on SCBA tanks and compressors. Make it a habit of checking out the forum, and feel free to ask any questions. There is a search feature on this site, but it takes a while to figure it out. Again, welcome to Airgun Nation!

James

Not meaning to burst your bubble here but I have 3 Bulldogs and 2 of them will leak down to zero when left sitting for a month. I would recommend just storing your Bulldog with 1000psi. I had planned on having 2 pitbulled but never got around to sending them out yet. If you don't already have the Chinese pump with folding legs go get one it's cheap and the easiest to pump out of them ALL. YO!

I have kept mine at fills of 2650 to 3000 psi for over 4 years, never a problem. It is ported, has a heavy spring.

I have a Ti tube, 4500 psi, and a balanced valve I tried briefly, it would leak down eventually as many balanced valves do, but would have been fine for a days shooting or hunting, but I could not live with it, so I returned it back to the stock tube and valve, and again it could be stored at a working pressure of 2600-3000 psi, in stock form it just does not leak and always works.

Roachcreek

I

Yes. Ive left my bulldog at 3k for weeks/months, never a leak, never a problem,, u should never drop it below 1k. That's how you get leaks, seals get air past them and dry up/crack, ect...

If I know I wasn't going to use it for a few months I'd shoot 10 rounds and leave it at 1900psi. But for just never knowing what might happen in the world, zombies, break in intruder, huge 12 pt buck standing in your yard.. lol ,,, I always aired mine back up to 3k and put it back in the safe..

Lots of discussions and arguments about,, air topic,, and cleaning your barrel topic,, but thats my opinion..

My bulldog is still 100% for 4 years, still at 3k too .lol