• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Storage?

How do you guys store your guns when you are not using them? I ended up purchasing a case from Harbor Freight... but it's a bit of a pain to get into (as in it takes a minute or two to drag out the case get it open and get out what I need). I work from home and never quite know when the urge to shoot a few things may pop up (usually after completing a task or when I am aggravated with something and need to blow off some stress). So to ability to pick up the gun and be able to shoot quickly is important.

Do you guys keep your guns under lock and key? Do you just lean them against the wall? Do you hang them on the wall? Looking for a solution... and space is limited.

I keep mine in my basement gun room, outside of the safes on a table with a variety of gun stands. I only keep my firearms in the safes and they are currently completely full. Currently only my wife lives with me, but when my daughter is there with here 4 year old I lock the door to the room AND put trigger locks on the airguns.

Otherwise they are ready to shoot whenever I am.

I keep mine hanging on the wall in the basement and in an empty bedroom upstairs. I have a few in cases but you have to be careful storing in cases as the foam in most cases is hydrophilic and sucks in moisture so guns can rust eventually. If you have to store them in a case just wipe them down often to keep rust from getting a start. Best to store them at 50-60% humidity levels to keep wood from deteriorating and rust from being a serious problem.

I live alone so no one has access to my guns so they are not usually under lock and key. All of my firearms are though.

I keep mine locked away and out of sight all the time, (unless you know where I put them you would struggle to find them) not just because it’s a legal requirement here in the Uk, or for safety concerns, I do it as I don’t want to spend the rest of my life filling out paperwork at the police stain, should an uninvited scumbag break into my house and steal them.

Bb

I tried a couple of methods, but ended up settling on one of the lazy susan type rifle racks from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Winchester-RASW003-Around-Shotgun-Accessories/dp/B005HGA0ES

Works fine. Need to have most scopes facing out from the center but no real issues with that (other than it is a bit more difficult to get the cover on).

No more room in the firearm safes, wife wants to keep clothes in the closed for some reason. What's up with that???

We don't have any high humidity issues where I live so no humidity control. Just a nice cover originally made as a smoker cover to keep the dust off (and somewhat hide what is underneath). No kids, and haven't seen the dog or cats express any interest in shooting them... yet.

IMG_0741.1599841092.JPG