• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Stolen Rifles - RECOVERED!!!

THEY HAVE BEEN RECOVERED - See my last post!

Both of my daughter's rifles were stolen from my truck last night.

Her smallbore rife is a Walther KK500 Ultralight (Serial# KFA2589)

Her air rifle is a Feinwerkbau 800X. (Serial# 16816052)

Please help me spread the word to everyone you know in the the smallbore and air rifle community.

If they hear of either for sale to please call me as soon as possible. Or better yet call the police first then me.

The theft occurred in Cranberry Twp PA and a police report has been filed.

Thank you,
Jimmy O'Mara
(724) 301-2000

Inform all local and bordering pawn shops and your auto insurance should cover the loss providing the policy is comprehensive and collision less deductible after police report and sales receipts are submitted with the claim. Your insurance company should have been the second place called right after the police. I would also check Craigslist in your state and bordering areas and EBay right away too.

Inform all local and bordering pawn shops and your auto insurance should cover the loss providing the policy is comprehensive and collision less deductible after police report and sales receipts are submitted with the claim. Your insurance company should have been the second place called right after the police. I would also check Craigslist in your state and bordering areas and EBay right away too.

This guy knows his stuff-!

RASH OF PPL STEALING STUFF DAILY NOW WATCH OUT-!

POLICE SAY IT WILL GET EVEN WORSE B4 IT EVER GETS ANY BETTER.

Thank you everyone!

Just to clarify a couple things;

The Feinwerkbau 800X Ultralight is her air rifle.

The Walther KK500 is her smallbore (22 lr ) rifle.

The police believe it was most likely addictslooking for money rather than someone looking for guns. There were two other vehicles in the same parking lot that were also broken into. All three were broken into through the passenger door and the glove boxes and center consoles emptied.

The thief/thieves most likely have no idea exactly what they have or what to do with them. Pennsylvania has very prohibitive laws for pawn shops so we literally have none nearby. I have started contacting the pawnshops just across the border in WV and OH. I have also been contacting the gun shops in the area. 

My homeowner's policy might cover the air rifle but I unfortunately do not have an insurance rider for firearms. So unfortunately the much more expensive smallbore rifle is not covered.

Again, Thank you everyone for helping spread the word!

Thank you,

I was just reminded of this by a NCAA rifle coach on Friday. I contacted them and they are sending me the claim forms. I believe the coverage is actually $2500.

Thankfully my daughter and I are both members. (We are actually both NRA certified instructors? Because she is not 18 yet, I am still the owner of the Walther smallbore rifle. She is the owner of the Feinwerkbau air rifle as it was a Christmas present. 

So hopefully we should both be covered and receiving funds to help replace them. Not nearly the $11,000 that it will take to replace them, but $5,000 will certainly help.

Jimmy, I almost boosted a picture of the Feinwerkbau. Airgun folks have good memories (well on the subject of airguns at least) and I know of someone who got an airgun back after a couple of years because someone remembered the pic. The ass responsible actually got arrested also.

THAT airgun stand out. 

Maybe post a pic?

John

1469.1616965854.jpeg
e4abaaf4-86ef-4e4e-91c8-27f42cc25e29.1616965854.jpg
1470.1616965854.jpeg

THEY HAVE BEEN FOUND!

Thank you everybody for your help spreading the word. I don't know many details yet or when they will be back in our possession, but I got a call this morning from the Cranberry Township Police Department that both rifles had been recovered. They were found in the trunk of a stolen car by the Pittsburgh Police Department. 

We don't know when we can get them back as they have to go through the crime lab for fingerprint processing, but at least we know she will get them back!