• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Stoeger XM1 S4 Entry level PCP

Hey guys,

Just got back from several days of filming out in the remote mountains. One of the guns I filmed with was the Stoeger XM1 S4 in .22 caliber. I picked the gun apart pretty extensively and in some ways it got a beating. Marley and I took it on a short Hunt using open sights only and we're able to take a Cottontail. Hopefully this review may open some eyes and help with a purchase.

https://youtu.be/NKvfo-um-GM

Reactions: Batman2
I have an XM-1 combo that came with the scope mounted. The front and rear sights were still in place without any problems. I did remove both sights to make it more streamlined. I replaced the Stoeger scope with a Hawke 4x14x44. I have not made any mods except shortening the butt stock and putting on the higher cheek pad that came with it. I hand pumped it for about a week before getting a YH compressor. It took around 60 pumps to bring it back up to 2900 psi after around 21-24 shots (3 clips). May be the best out of the box shooter for the money for an entry level PCP. IMHO...

BTW...it will shoot 1” groups or less with JSB 18.13 jumbo heavys @ 45 yrds.

Good example of why some adages like "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" become common-knowledge vernacular.

Soon as I saw the name Stoeger attached to the term PCP, I thought, "Bet that's gonna be an ugly-ass gun!" So I watched just enough of the video to confirm my suspicions to be, if anything, GENEROUS!

Being all about simple, uncluttered, steel and walnut, I threw up a little in my mouth at first glance of the Stoeger PCP.

QUICK... someone get this man an antidote!

Tarantula.1601998661.JPG

I agree that this is a very nice version of the SPA clones. I love my stormrider, but I'd realllllllly like this thumbhole stock for it. A little tuning and I'm sure I can have this gun shooting 28 shots (4 mags) at 248-252fps like I've got the stormrider setup. Super consistent and more accurate than I am :)

Been eyeing these since they came out, but was reluctant to pull the trigger without a review or putting hands on it. 

Thanks for doing a great review Dana!