• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Stoeger Stoeger S3000-C

This is my new air rifle. I went to PCP 10 years ago and those were my primary shooters. I have a SSP and some CO2 also. Back in the late 90’s I have a RWS Diana 48, and I’ve shot a few friends break barrels.

Fast forward to now. I’m known as an air rifle guy at work and my wife’s work. I get asked what to get to eliminate pests mostly. Usually it’s rodents or small lizards, we have a lot of invasives. I have turned one friend into a PCP guy, he runs a Notos. But I wanted to try and find something affordable I can recommend. That led me to this very budget springer. It’s marketed as a youth break barrel, but we don’t abide by their guidelines as airgunners. I felt that a low power similar to an HW30 would lend itself towards the casual shooter. The agama lizards most of us pest control are easy to kill.

Enter the Stoeger S3000-C. I’m starting my testing to see if it’s something I can recommend. It checks the boxes for affordable. I ordered mine without a scope for $99 bucks from Amazon.

I ordered the synthetic stock and when it arrived I was pleasantly surprised. It doesn’t feel like a toy. It cocks smooth, but has a very heavy trigger that I will test later. I started by cleaning the barrel, which was much needed. I shot some using the open sights just to get accustomed to it.

Today I pulled a good deal of my 177 stock of pellets to see what it likes. I’m sure it needs to have a wear in process, so I’m not too critical yet. I ordered some cheaper pellets to just shoot it a bunch. I plan on shooting some groups of the better performing pellets every 500 rounds to see if things tighten up.

It has been fun so far shooting it and not having to worry about HPA. And I can shoot all day with how easy it is to cock. So far I am a happy guy with this purchase. It doesn’t seems to be very hold sensitive. I am also a fan of the safety button. It is an auto safety, but it is well placed, large, and easy to use.

I am using a Vector Optics 10x scope with adjustable height Victor Optics rings.

I am shooting it at 15 yards. It’s been windy this winter so I want to minimize that.

IMG_1844.jpeg

IMG_1845.jpeg

IMG_1842.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: bf1956
Maybe @Moderator2 @Moderator3 or @Michael can add Stoeger to the drop down selection. They are offering some wide variety of products to our market. I know it’s rebranded Chinese stuff, but they have gone into a good place in the market to get people into airguns.
Done, and thank you

You say nice grouping, what is a nice group to you? At 15 yds, I would expect all shots to be covered with a nickle or better. You have circles drawn but we don't know how big they are...
My purpose today what to narrow down the pellets to see what it likes. This is only day one with it. I don’t think group sizes should be determined yet on a brand new springer. Each hole is 4.5mm. Maybe once it’s broken in and I’ve had some time with it, it will pass your nickel standard. I’ve shot PCPs for the last few years, so a springer is a different animal.

I’ve posted my scores in the 30 Yard Challenge Thread with my PCP’s.

This was not meant to be a one post thread, it’s a work in progress. It’s a $99 dollar springer, I’m keeping an open mind.

When Stoeger went to using synthetic stocks on their rifles, they changed all the names. The S3000 is what used to be the Stoeger X3. Had the older X3 I got for $40 from a member of another forum and bought with the idea of it being a step up from the Ruger Explorer my great niece learned to shoot with.
Tore it down, did all the usual tweaks, replaced the tired factory spring with a cut down spring from a B3, then refinished the stock. Thought it turned out pretty good for what little I actually did and the spring change took it from a 335 fps rifle to right around 450.
Sadly for me, the great niece lost interest and I ended up gifting the rifle to a fellow member on GTA to teach his grand kids to shoot with. Think he's also a member here and just bought the S3000 himself so maybe he'll see this, chime in and tell you how things have gone with his.
The X3 finished before I sent it to him:
stoeger.jpg

howdy Florida_Man! are you still liking your Stoeger S3000-C? Looks to be a decent gun for the money. I'm thinking of getting one.
I have it at home with me for the weekend. It has been at work where I try and get some pellets through it at 10m. I plan on doing some 25 yard groups. The one real drawback is the trigger on this rifle. Its single stage has a way of feeling heavier than it really is.

I haven’t bought a Cometa yet, I plan on it. But I think if you plan on using the rifle with some regularity, it’s probably a better choice, from what I’ve read. The reason I bought the S3000-c was to evaluate for friends that just want a rifle to kill agamas. People that aren’t shooting it often for recreational purposes

I recently asked about the stoeger S6000E, in .22 didnt get but one reply. So i am interested in seeing how this rifle shakes out for you. Please keep me updated, i have a victoptics scope on my Feinwekbau target. So far it has been a great scope.
I still am going to get a cometa air rifle from a member of this forum who is a dealer. But thought the stoeger woul be angood addition.

I checked the crown with a q tip and it didn't have any burs. I ran a half dozen across the chrony so far and it has been consistent so far. I will run more at lunch.It will throw a pellets like 2-3" off at 10m for no reason. I am using Baracuda FT pellets that are very consistent. Initially it grouped them well.

I plan on running a total of 50-100 over the chrony, then opening it up and checking it out.