Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Thumbhole

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Bullpup

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Tactical

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters
I like both traditional and thumbhole, traditional like air arms and daystate revere, thumbhole like hw100 for stock gun, for custom stock the best i like is from Michael Chavka

Marauder-BlackAmbi2.jpg

Voted tactical, because it suits my style of shooting. I don't abuse my guns, but I don't baby them either. For pesting or hunting I like no nonsense, cold, tactical.

I had to vote tactical but my impacts are technically bullpups , my taipan is a bullpup as well but I dont baby my stuff either.

Reactions: d3vnull
Wow, I would have expected more responses and votes for a polarizing issue like the stock style.
In importance this comes shortly below our religious or political beliefs..... 😉

I understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder
however (apart from benchrest shooting) I have a hard time arguing against a gun that's 1/3 shorter while offering the full power of a long gun....
Just say'n.... 😉

It's a great time to be an airgunner — with all those choices available!! 😄

Matthias

I am old and old school so prefer the classic look, but i actually only have 1 such gun ( my FX cyclone ) VS the 2 bullpups i have ( FX Maverick and AGT vulcan 3 )
I think i could live with tactical too, though for a airgun i dont see a reason to have lots of options to mount additional stuff as on my airgun i can not see what that should be.
I do understand / i can imagine, why some people would want something more compact, i just dont understand why so many feel that is needed.
I got my 2 bullpups on a shear price / value / accuracy consideration, if money had not been a option i think i would have gotten one of the daystate rifles.
Otherwise i have no use for compact.

Yes i know the price for my 2 bullpups are more or equal to the price of a high end Daystate rifle. ( not counting the Cyclone as that was 10 years ago )

I wish there was an option for "All of the above". I had to really think about this and it was hard for me to just choose one because I like them all. They all appeal to me in different ways. I ended up choosing tactical even though I hate that word. As long as it's done right with no cheesy crap hanging off of it.

I find airguns that accept AR15 butt stocks and pistol grips more utilitarian in a good way. There's so many options to fit the user. On the other hand, I really like the looks and feel of a well designed thumbhole or traditional stock with a nice selection of walnut or laminate. The only thing is I'm too scared to take them out in the woods and get it scratched up lol.