• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Stock settings gen 1/2 mrod.

I do a mix of target and hunting, I'm lost as to tuning. I bought the ssg and tuned it but it was lacking the power I wanted. Then I got the tss mod and I can't get it to work the way I want it. Now I just want a setup that works for general use. I have access to high pressure air so pumping not a problem. I'm new to tuning a mod without the two mods I stated.

I unstand not wanting to spend that much on a valve but I highly recommend getting or making a high flow transfer port and if your comfortable using a good sharp drill bit to open up the barrel and valve body to .187 will make a difference to but you should be able to get there with just the transfer port and get a much better shot count then stock. Tim hill sells the transfer port or you can go to home depot and get the tubing for a couple dollars and make it yourself. As long as its pretty close to flat on both ends it will work fine. I get being frustrated and just wanting it to work right again but if you do that with the ssg or tss you'll have a much better shot count at that tune. I prefer the ssg over the tss but my ssg is home made.

Theres not much stock on my mrods. My .25 armada was at 950 with 33.95 gr jsb but I de-tuned it down to 900 fps for 16 shots regulated and home made ssg. It should be more shots but I went with the 30 cal reg when I should have got the .25 reg. My two.30 cals. Are mostly custom to. With one having a bottle kit on it and there both tuned for 900 fps with hill valves in all. And tss in those two. My second .25 is tore apart and waiting on a Cothran valve to shoot bullets then I have a gen 1 .22 all stock in a tyrex stock thats tuned for 890 with 18 gr jsbs. But I never shoot it anymore. It almost sounds like you have a 10 lb. spring in your ssg instead of the 12 lb. Spring.